Their was a noticeable level of hatred of LSU by the CBS announcers today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

yea gary daniels and vern haven't had an original thought since '92. vern needs to make like lou holtz and become dismissive and gary needs to have a mute button permanently installed. They both kill the football watching experience with there bias unintelligent crap they spew. Gary is the biggest gump, auburn, gator homer there is.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

My wife who watches 5 football games a year turned to me in the 3rd quarter and said "Is it because I don't understand football or do these guys not like LSU". For the record, she grew up a Tulane fan.

I agree with the shrug -

But they were over the top shinning CN's trophy. I mean when they say "He decided to transfer from Florida to Blinn" they have to know how stupid that sounds. Do they really think people are going to think he wanted more PT? Sure, you know a lot of top athletes leave top schools for Blinn - right?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I must say, my WTF??? moment during this game was when they quoted Cam Newton as saying "I am a passing quarterback". Keep telling yourself that Cam, you will make a fine tight end, and gimmick quarterback in the NFL one day.

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Ahh just like t-bo......the tool box

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

had no problem with the announcers tonight...actually remember them giving props to us multiple times. Yes, they loved them some Cam Newton...but hell, the kid just slashed a pretty good defense up like it was nothing.

1 person likes this.
  6. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

Look, the dude is good. There wasn't a point in the game that I didn't think they wouldn't get a first down and score after their 1st three and out. I'm not sure if everyone watched the same game but the dude wore us out. I was glad he handed it off (besides the 70 yarder) - Honestly, I've never watched a guy kill a LSU defense like him since Alexander from Alabama.

There were reasons for him not to throw - He didn't need to and maybe I'm different from you guys but I would have went for it too (although a better play in my mind)

What I am proud about is we didn't run one option play with JJ this game. I think they have learned that will never work. If they can somehow learn to throw a middle screen on 3rd down when they are sending 6 people we might get a BCS bowl birth. Yep, putting cart before the horse. I know, I know!

1 person likes this.
  7. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

I subscribed to the Geaux Zone (audio only) for a month yesterday just after the broadcast started so I could play that and mute the television lovefest that Vern and Danny were throwin' down for Cam.
    It was insulting to LSU fans, and CBS should take note of it when assigning broadcasters for games. Danielson and Lundquist are supposed to report the game, not gush all over for one team or the other.:rolleye33:

8. northernLSUfan

northernLSUfan Founding Member

It was definitely disgusting listening to them hang off of Newtons ballsack all game long and what made it worse was the comparisons to Vick and when they showed the picture of him beside a pic of Magic Johnson. Good grief.

for the record, I wish we could land a player like Newton. unreal.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The announcers are only echoing what they read in articles, forums like these, and what their local contacts relay to them. If their research shows that a portion of the fan base is unhappy, they are going to echo that to appear knowledgeable about stuff that is new to them this week for the game they have to cover.

10. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

No, you've only got it 2/3 correct....

Vern is old, FAT, and stupid. :yelwink2: