There isn't a badder group of WR's in football.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 18, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Early Doucet?

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

And their is no badder backfield in the Country, our offense should be EXPLOSIVE!

3. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I would have to say it goes even beyond the WR's. Is there a team out there with more skill talent than LSU?

Alley Broussard
    Joe Addai
    Justin Vincent
    Shyrone Carey
    Craig Davis
    Dwayne Bowe
    Skyler Green
    Early Doucet
    Xavier Carter
    Amp Hill

then when you think about these guys playing behind a very veteran offensive line with an experienced guy at every position..... throw in a David Jones or Hester to the mix.

We might be so good.... our expectations should be high.... this is the best feeling going into a season I think I have ever had. And we even have the schedule for a serious run. I just hope the defense is playing well and one of the QB's is ready to shine. I have to admit I hope its JR. Its just that he can use the whole field and with this group that could be deadly to the opposition.

:crystal: in 2005!
    LSU!

4. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Wide receiver corps in the SEC West are definitely the best in the country. LSU is loaded. Bama has a group that will probably put up better individual numbers, but are not as deep top to bottom. Auburn's group is strong.

As an Auburn fan, I gotta know, is Skyler Green ever going to graduate or is he one of those guys that cause nightmares for opposing defenses for about six years? It seems like he has been returning punts or kickoffs since the late 90's.

5. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

haha, ya know, I told my brother the same thing after Shyrone Carey's name was called during the scrimmage. It seems like some of these guys have been with the Tigers for about 10 years now.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I honestly think Dwayne Bowe is going to explode this year. Even with our inconsistency at QB in 2004, we saw flashes of brilliance, just a little bit of what he is capable of.

If we can get him the ball, and if our coaches let him run free and loose a little bit on some deep routes, we are gonna put a blowtorch to every defensive backfield in the SEC West.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

He was a CB recruit in 2002...

9. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

dear god I hope not...

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

As someone who enjoys Bama unlike many other LSU fans, I don't think their WR corp. is near as good as many think.