There isn't a badder group of WR's in football.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 18, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I also think Bowe will be a star receiver. Hill, Carter, and Doucet have amazing potential. But Green, Davis and Bowe are already proven assets and are only awaiting the emergence of a quarterback to move up to the next level.

It takes depth to win in the SEC. Players get hurt. Fresh talent in the second half can beat a shallower team. LSU certainly has proven depth at wideout and running back. Offensive line depth is far better than average and and we have depth at quarterback, too, although unproven.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I used to say the same thing about Damyune Craig

4. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Well I don't like CFN that much...but they have a different take.

Thats in the Auburn 2005 Preview.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

CFN also said South Carolina would win the SEC easily in 2002

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

CFN will probably be reporting soon that Kentucky has the deepest o-line in the conference.

7. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Are you kidding me? Look at the talent of our QBs. I'm grateful that A. Hill returned to form. If the offensive line hold together, this may be one of the most potent offense in the country.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

8. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I agree - "on paper" - LSU will be unstoppable and no one will be able to run or pass on our defense, much less score. I honestly don't know why our opponents will bother showing up. We should beat them all mercilessly. Who else can boast the kind of returning talent LSU has? Maybe Tennessee? Maybe..

This is an amazing home slate. We are really set to challenge for the big time this year. Similar schedule to 2003....

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I have as high of expectations as any true "purple-and-gold-bleeding-tiger-fan," but some of you guys sound like you are setting yourselves up to be disappointed this season. This is the SEC, we won't cake walk past every team, and we'll probably have to bust our asses just to come out alive most of these games. These other schools want to win as much as we do, and it WILL be tough. Looking at our talent/schedule/experience (on paper,) we SHOULD walk pass anyone, and everyone, in the country. Before I get flamed let me say that I want LSU to beat the living sh!t out of EVERYONE we play--but I'm not going to get my hopes up, and then have to "live" with a "mediocre" season ala '04.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

FightinTIGER, I agree with that. Most of know that every close game can be determined by luck as well, so I think that although most of us agree we will be enormously talented that we stand a good chance of losing one or two games. However, this is a time for us to be excited and have high expectations, it can't hurt us at all. We sure can't lose any games between now and September.

And JayB, if a mediocre season is 3 losses I take that every 3 years or so. :hihi: A good season every 3 years(1 or 2 losses counting the bowl game) and a great season every third season.

Basically my hope are to play for an SEC Title most years with the talent we have accumulated, that should have us contending for a BCS Bowl berth every year I think.