There isn't a badder group of WR's in football.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 18, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes. The same backfield that led the SEC in rushing last year is back. Are you surprised we are confident?

Yes, these are the same receivers as last year, slightly augmented. Their only limitations last year was that the quarterbacks couldn't get them the ball efficiently. We are cautiously optimistic that there will be a more experienced and capable quarterback in charge this year. There is certainly no lack of talent and depth there. The only question is how quickly a quarterback emerges and how effective will he be.

We will likely know by the end of the Auburn game.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Our WR's have more speed then anyone bar-none in the SEC, UF may challenge that but I don't buy into that just yet.

With that said, I want much more consistency out of our WR corp. Though we didn't have a bunch of butter-finger WR's out there...in fact, I was very impressed by numerous catches, it seemed that at times our WR's were playing somewhat scared on the field and missed some easy catches.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Just in case anyone wants / needs a reminder of how fast Xavier Carter is:

X-Man TD Video

4. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

I remember watching that play... he caught it on the west side almost directly in front of me... goosebumps....

one more thing, what they're saying about skyler green and shyrone carey being there a while..... does everyone remember Joe Gunn from ole miss... halfback/fullback... im not sure what he did... he ran and blocked and it seemed like he was there for a decade... anyone else notice that?

5. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

X-man rank 2nd in the country in track & field. He also clocked the fourth fastest indoor 200 meter time in the world earlier this year.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'd have to agree with the fact that this is a dynamite receiving corps. The speed and agility of these guys is awesome. It's not fair for me to say if they are the best b/c I havent seen other teams yet, but this is def a stud group.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

[​IMG]

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

"Good Times" will be had by all this year watching those receivers in action. :hihi: