There's good news coming from sources (same that said he was gone yesterday)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HubCityTiger, Dec 21, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So I guess martin is right. What people love best is rumors, so that they can believe in them.

This has turned into a 3 ring circus.

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Log off if you don't want to read it, You are not getting anything "official" until Saban opens his mouth at the press confererence.

3. islstl

Ok, you're a sensible/reasonable person. I know you are.

This guy came on with the Palm Beach radio thing. Was that true?

Now this.

So will it matter what he posts on here? Is it like martin says, you guys will automatically believe it?

Don't let me stop him from posting. But I just would like some rationale as to why you guys buy into it.

4. HubCityTiger

HubCityTiger Founding Member

The palm beach radio thing was posted by someone who is highly respected on Tigerbait and very long time member. In fact, when he wrote it, at least 10 people said if he said it, then it must be a fact. So, apparently, a Palm Beach Radio said it but it was the station mispeaking.

Around that time, and up and until early this afternoon, said Saban is gone (Of course, Saban had not made a decision, but everything was moving that way). Whether you listened to Madden, ESPN, Florio, The Herald, Dan Patrick, Rome, Pasquerelli, Mortenson, or whomever.

At about 2:00 this afternoon, talk was that Saban was now only 50/50. Then the contract problems started being discussed.

Then about 1 hour ago, Florio says talks breaking down. Several posts on Tigerbait regarding the same thing.

I just got a bunch of emails explaining why this deal may bust. Clearly, it's in Huizenga's court right now - but it may be too late. The parameters were changed on Saban. The contract has not arrived.

The rest of the info I cannot share, but it is only speculation based on actions of people close to Saban. It sounds good for LSU.

So, believe what you want and criticize me all you want. But, in a few days, you will realize that all of these were pretty accurate.

5. HubCityTiger

BTW, I received emails about the Palm Beach radio thing from someone else. Then the Tigerbait guy said the same thing.

6. PopeShulaXIV

PopeShulaXIV Freshman

Some of my favorite Florio pieces at Profootballtalk.com are bigfoot playing nose tackle for the Seahawks and Terrell Owens being an alien clone. :lol:

7. Tigerskin

Hub go get in the Tigerbait chat room and come back. My pop up blocker won't let me in.

8. islstl

I guess it's true.

Freaks do come out at night.

9. Tigerskin

Why do you keep hitting the refresh?

10. HubCityTiger

I'm in right now. Several people confident. However, no one wants to tell why. It's real touchy.