There's no excuse for this loss.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I'm keeping this season in perspective...

See the attached image...

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

What about what I posted on 1 June 1998?

That proves I'm a fan.

What about what I posted on 28 November 1996?

What about my very first post on 15 September 1995? That was after I first got on the internet! That proves I'm a bigger fan than you are.

Perpel, I don't care about your opinion about how good of a fan I am.

What kind of a loser looks up old posts from various boards? HA!

NOT ONLY DOES PERPEL WANT THIS BOARD TO BE ONLY FOR CHEERLEADING AND PROPAGANDA, BUT HE IS ACTING AS THE SECRET POLICE, TOO, IN ORDER TO FIND OUT WHETHER ANY OF YOU HAVE SAID ANYTHING THAT HE DEEMS DISLOYAL TO LSU!

I submit, Perpel, that YOU are disloyal to LSU. What were you doing lurking on a Hog board? Hmmmm?

PS At least I don't hide behind non-descript, sissy little anonymous nicknames like "perple." Are you gay or something?

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

This is a shame. None of us were on that field today sweating and giving it all for LSU. We shouldn't second-guess this thing to death. Yes, I think Smoke made a mistake (keeping Determann in as long as he did...even though Determann did a fantastic job for us), but for this team to make it to the CWS is a success. Instead of running down the coaches or players, we should congratulate them on a job well done and look forward to next year. We can't win them all...as much as we wish we could.

God Bless the Tigers...we're looking forward to seeing you back in Omaha in 2004!

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Re: What about what I posted on 1 June 1998?

Posting "Death is Near", and attaching it to the LSU Baseball team is being an LSU Fan? You ask me why I lurk on SEC boards..I ask you why you POST Negative Crap on Hog boards? Smoke has been our Coach 2 seasons, has won the SEC Championship & SEC Coach of the Year, and took LSU to the CWS. You also posted here that we were outcoached by "Van Dorn" in game 2 of the Arkansas series. As for nicknames - are you really Jean Lafitte? Yeah, go sell it to your Hillbilly buddies.

Congratulations to the 2003 LSU Baseball Tigers for a Great Season! :lsug:

6. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Amen

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: What about what I posted on 1 June 1998?

Hey, Perple Skirt. I post what the hell I want where the hell it want to. It's a free country, Gay Boy.

You are sadly mistaken if you think that you can "out-insult" me, you frickin moron.

I'll be critical whenever the hell I want to. If you don't like it, don't read my posts, you stupid milquetoast pansy.

NOW GO BLEAUX IT OUT OF YOUR ASS!

I'll match you punch for punch, Cap. Bring it on.

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

the only thing i will second guess is him putting sadler in at all.....i think he should of put tompkins in...i just feel awhole better about things when hes in there instead of sadler. But they had a great team this year and they overachieved no one thought they would get this far with all the underclassmen they had this is just gonna get them way more prepared for next year.

9. TigerMom76

TigerMom76 Freshman

God bless all of the Tigers. We all know you did your best (at least I think WE all knowthat) Can any of you out there possibly think that any of these young men would practice everyday for weeks and months and then not try their hardest to win!! We must realize that as their cheerleaders we must make them realize that we know that they did their best. What more can you expect of anyone than their best. I would be proud to have any of these young men for a son or boyfriend for my daughter because they seem to know how to step out of the impossible and make it possible. I hope this attitude stays with them for their entire lives. God bless all of you.
    :geaux:

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If it had been me I probably would have gone with Tompkins but even though Sadler has been erratic he does have a 95 mph fastball. If Sadler is on his game he gets a couple of strikeouts and kills the South Carolina rally.

I don't know whether Pettit's blister had anything to do with his getting bombed early or not. Determann did a fantastic job but I thought he was running out of gas by the 7th inning when his pitch count got up over 100. He was struggling and didn't have the command of his pitches the way he did earlier but he did get the Tigers to within 4 outs of a win before the bottom dropped out.

Did Smoke make any mistakes today? Of course he did. Did any of you who like to bash Smoke make any mistakes at your job last week? If you did was it in front of a national television audience? If Nick Saban had lost half of his O Line and D Line plus a quarterback and a couple of his best receivers and still won the SEC Championship and gotten LSU to within a couple of games away from winning the National Championship would you be bashing him or promoting him for Sainthood?

Smoke is already the SEC Coach of the Year. He deserves to be the national coach of the year as well.