There's no excuse for this loss.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Jun 15, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I've never seen Jean Lafitte re-act this way. I, however do agree withe everyone else here.

Tiger baseball is back !!! If anyone considers this season a disappointment, they are not living in the real world.

Sure, it was disappointing to lose today... Look at how many players played their hearts out all season... Look at how many are returning next year with the experience of Wally and the experienceof the CWS.

I thought Jason Determann did an outstanding job today. I don't know if they left him in too long or not... Most of the damage was done after he was relieved.

Anyway.... GEAUX TIGERS

On to FOOTBALL SEASON.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: What about what I posted on 1 June 1998?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - LIVE FROM RINGSIDE AT TIGERFORUMS.COM - 12 ROUNDS OF HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP SMACK! ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?

Hello everybody I'm Howard Cosell live at ringside along with my esteemed colleagues Angelo Dundee and the fight doctor Freddy Pacheco. I spoke earlier with Lafitte and asked him "Lafitte, you're old, you're slow and you're fat. Do you really believe you can shake off the repeated head blows from Joe Frazier and George Foreman in your last 2 bouts and stand up to the undefeated challenger Perple?"

"Howard, I still float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, I'll bitch slap any man who tries to stand up to me. If you wanna make money put your bet down on me - Perple won't be standing by round # 3"

3. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

ROFL

Man, with friends like this who needs enemies like me.

Guys, yall had a great season. I was pulling for LSU this weekend, and really wish you could have pulled at least one in. I must say though that If you are of the opinion that the tigers over achieved this year, then you need to back off of smoke. It really is that simple.

A bama fan talking about laying off the coach, man what's this world coming to.....

RTR

4. Chris V.

Chris V. Freshman

Congratulations!

I just wanted to add my congratulations to the coaches and players on the LSU baseball team. A great season that ended too soon in Omaha shouldn't dim the glimmer of all that was accomplished.

Good luck next year.

Chris V.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nice post Chris...but let's get back to the fight between the 2 gay guys.:D

6. Chris V.

Chris V. Freshman

Pardon the interruption

SabanFan: I hope I didn't interrupt the dialogue between the two primary contributors to this particular thread. I'm a McNeese alum/fan/supporter, so I thought, perhaps, the view of an "outsider" might be helpful to those who, otherwise, might be too close to the issues.

I'll go back to reading instead of writing. But I did appreciate the humor in your response.

7. SabanFan

I can't tell if you were offended or not. If you were, sorry, not my intent. Actually, your post was in keeping with the theme of the thread. The catfight is just an amusing diversion. Please post at will.

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: Re: Re: What about what I posted on 1 June 1998?

This is a great post, and I appreciate the humor.

Some may think that I overreacted by attacking Perpel, but bear in mind that he questioned my loyalty to LSU. He might have well questioned my loyalty to the USA, or to my Mom and Dad.

I've never posted anything disloyal or purely negative about LSU or the people who are associated with LSU. If I am critical or I question something that a coach does on this message board, I do so in an attempt to generate honest discussion of the issues.

For example, I'm no baseball genius, and I've never coached baseball. If I question something that Coach Laval does, I might mention it here. I would hope that somebody who IS a baseball guru would either correct me or agree with my view.

I do not care to read responses from people like Perpel who can't add to the discussion other than to question my loyalty to LSU.

I apologize to everyone for my outburst of anger, but you will see it again, the next time Perple or anybody else accuses me of being a traitor against LSU or against LSU in any way. Those are FIGHTING WORDS.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

9. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Thank you for your apology, Jean.

10. SabanFan

You are a true warrior who defends his loyalty to LSU to the death. I bow at your feet and humbly apologize for questioning your allegiance.