These guys are crossing swords in the booth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

A lot of people don't like Verne, and I know we aren't playing up to our potential, especially on offense, but these guys have a serious hard-on for Arkansas right now.

Even when they screw up, they are complimenting them.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

What have we done that's worthy of a favorable comment?

3. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Didn't say that we did.

In fact, if you read my post, I said I knew we weren't playing well, but Arkansas isn't playing like World-Beaters, either, and these guys are beatin the swole poll up there.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Doesn't matter who LSU plays... we play on CBS they have a circle jerk over the other team. Always has always will... their just jealous.

5. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

CBS Is CORPORATE: meaning, uptight, East Coast and still blaming the SOUTH for "The War of Northern Aggression."

Bleccchhhh!

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Someone explain why CBS, espn, si and everyone else talks bad about us every year every game. I'm 40 years old and can remember my dad saying this even when I was a small boy. WTF have we done to deserve all the bad press?

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Most folks in the national media don't think much of Coach Miles, so, that's why they don't think much of LSU. That's my guess.

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Those two clowns yesterday were awful, and quite honestly, Lundquist and Danielson would have been preferable. The worst was Bolerjack's description of Arky's running game late in the 4th when our D was gassed -- "like a hot knife through butter." What a jackass. Can't you come up with something better than crappy cliche?

I guess the best solution is the mute button. Wish I could pick up the WWL broadcast. I don't think they stream the games online...

:geauxtige

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Pretty awful broadcast by CBS yesterday. How many BS promos did they run in the first half that covered up the beginning of a play? I couldn't even tell what formation we were in on half the plays because they wouldn't cut back to the game until after the snap.

10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Every team in the country that's a top program and gets national television games feels this way.

While I agree those guys were awful yesterday, I'm also under no illusion that "national media is out to get us."

The truth is, the national media overall has plenty of good things to say about LSU and Death Valley.

Anybody that's trying to cover both sides of the ball will seem like they're out to get somebody on every play.

If you want all sunshine and peppermints, listen to 98.1.