These were predictions I made on Bama's season on Aug 27th... take it as you will...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Skrayper, Oct 30, 2002.

?

Is this pretty accurate?

1. Yup, but Alabama wins out.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Holy crap! That's exactly right!

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Nah, Bama sucks, they'll lose more than just that.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Well, they lose two more, but pretty good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You're just lucky.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Who cares?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Where did you come from, OZ?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Hey, I'm Fulmer... where's my doughnut?

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, quit reading my mind!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Huhuhuh... you said nut.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Skrayper

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roll Tide.
    Period.
    I know my team has it rough. I believe we should do the time. I regret there's no better way, I feel sorry for those juniors and seniors who may never play on another bowl team, win an SEC championship, etc. I'm very proud of the fact we lost no players to the free transfer option. This team is special, not for the accomplishments on the field, but for what they did off the field.
    Do I get angry with the NCAA sometimes? Yes, I'll admit, I do. Part of it stems from the fact that the innocent must be punished (current players, current coaches, most fans) because the guilty is beyond the reach of the NCAA (old coaches, boosters, rabid fans, some trustees). While this may or may not be fair, it is unfortunately the NCAA's only recourse. Do I think Alabama was treated harshly? To an extent, yes. They did things to Alabama that broke their own rules, that went beyond what they had done to other schools guilty of similar infractions. However, I do not wish anything, save perhaps having the bowl ban removed for next year. If for nothing else, than for those young men who would normally have to spend two years locked away from any hope of winning a ring. Personally, I would love to see Alabama go undefeated, or perhaps lose just one game, and disrupt the whole BCS system by being ranked in the top 5 in the AP. Will it happen? Probably not. Do I hope we go undefeated? Of course.
    A realistic prediction of our season:
    MTSU - A tougher game than most think, but Bama pulls it out, Bama 35, MTSU 21
    OU - Wow. A great game in the making. Top 5 DL and Top 5 OL for Bama match up against a great OU offense and a great OU defense. I think a low scoring game, honestly, with OU pulling it out, OU 14 - Bama 7
    North Texas - One of our few 'easy' game, Bama rolls 43-9
    Southern Miss - Always a tough game for the Tide, but Bama's defense leads the way, Bama 17-6
    Arkansas - The Razorbacks can't run on Bama, and their passing game is non-existent, Bama 35-14
    Georgia - Yes, I think Bama... loses this one. Close one, though, UGA 28-21
    Ole Miss - Hard one. Depends on how our secondary is, and how much we can pressure Eli. I forsee a win with the O eating up clock, Bama 31-24
    Tennessee - Our year. Bama comes in hungry. I believe this. UT unprepared for Bama, Bama 35 - UT 31
    Vanderbilt - Still tough, but Vandy still lacks a recent win on Bama, 35-17
    Mississippi State - MSU shows they are on the skids, Bama 35-10
    LSU - A great game, but LSU shows why they win the west, LSU 28-24
    Auburn - We finally get to beat them at home, and Tommy starts to feel the heat... Bama 31 - AU 21
    Hawaii - Well, I know almost nothing about Hawaii, so... um... Bama 28-27.

Well, there ya go, 10-3 and respect for next year, and Franchione shows he can coach at the highest levels.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I voted for Holy Crap! because thats the way Id like it happen. Youve done good thusfar, lets hope your LSU prediction comes true.;)

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wow, got some 5 star picks for news matters only on this weekends action.

You should change your name to PorkChop and open up a 900 service giving winners..

Nice.

Geaux Tigers

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Texastigers, I just heard that someone has russled Porkchops seeing eye sheep, Baaaaby. She was the one making all the predictions. Don't follow Choppers lead, he will get you in trouble. :D

5. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

skrayper

I thought I could bet but wow, you can really pick 'em. Who do you think wins the SEC and NC this year?

6. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Honestly?
    Georgia wins the SEC, they seem like a team of destiny, and it's very, VERY hard to pick against that.
    However... I forsee Oklahoma (the best team in the country) vs Notre Dame (media darling with only one decent opponent left) playing, with Oklahoma winning a close one. I think V Tech will take advantage of Miami's poor run defense, and will win the Big East. I think Georgia will win out, but won't make it UNLESS Notre Dame's opponents all keep losing, which then it will become Georgia vs Oklahoma. I'd still see Oklahoma winning that one as well.

About the LSU-Alabama game, it'll change if the QB doesn't find his groove... if he hasn't going into that game, the Tide D is too good to survive if your offense isn't clicking on all fronts. Their D is good enough, if he's playing ok, to pull out a squeaker.

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I voted for Fulmer....I skipped breakfast this morning and really could use the doughnut!!

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

NOW THATS a neat feature!!!!

rtr