They are all saying,,,,,,,,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thick and Thin, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Thick and Thin

Thick and Thin Freshman

the experts, I mean, that T Thomas will be drafted within the 1st few picks of the draft, I disagree. I'm no expert but I don't think Tyrus has a strong enough ,"outside" shot to be ready to play, small forward, in the NBA, but maybe they have their eye on putting him at power forward, which I don't think he is big enough to play on a consistent level. Maybe It's just wishful thinking, but I don't think TT or BD is ready for the NBA ! I think they are smart enough to make the right choice! Here is to 2 or 3 more years of T Time at LSU!! GEAUX SAINTS!! Through Thick and Thin

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

The NBA, for the most part, drafts based on potential as opposed to immediate impact. So I can see how they could view Tyrus as a top 5 pick. Do I think he should stay? Of course, not just because I want him back as a fan, but I think he could benefit from another year or two of college.

I could see this being a package deal of Big Baby and TT either staying together or leaving together. I have a hunch they're going to stick around at least one more year.

3. clair

clair Rockets

I'd imagine Tyrus would put his name in without hiring an agent, then go and get mull-dragged in the Chicago camps, then decide he needs to come back for a Sophomore year

Those coaches will exploit his weaknesses in the camps

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Well let's just hope Brandon Bass comes back again and knocks some sense into them.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Exactly. Baby and Tyrus manhandled UT's Aldridge and Aldridge is still projected by some as a Top 5 pick if he decides to come out. All about potential.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Thomas may not be ready for the NBA yet, but the high drafting teams are definitely not going to let him get away. They will give him about $10 million reasons why playing a year or two as a reserve in the NBA will prepare him for starting in the NBA better than another year or two in college.

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I'm of the camp that thinks you cannot pass up the chance to be a Top 5 pick when the $ is out there. Tyrus Thomas from what I've read is a bona fide Top 5 pick. He should go pro. He does need to develop more for NBA success but that is what the NBDL is for. Personally, I do think he'll end up staying one more year but I'm not an expert at these things.

8. clair

clair Rockets

you don't make the big money the 1st contract...

you make money your SECOND deal...

and if you are not productive your 1st 3 years, consider yourself done...

Just look at Stromile

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree Red. If a guy is a projected lottery pick the guy goes. Guaranteed money, and a bunch of it, cannot be turned down no matter who you are. If they are going to pay me $ millions to learn, then so be it.

Now if you're Bass-type, and you're a maybe 1st round guy but a good possibility a 2nd rounder where there is no guaranteed money, you come back.

I've also read (I'm not an expert) that this is a weak draft, then all the more possibility of being a lottery pick, makes even more sense to go. Hope Thomas comes back but if he's a lottery pick like Swift, you go. I've never heard anyone criticize Swift at #2 for leaving early.

Like Collis Temple said, it's like winning the lotto and turing it down and trying to win it again.

10. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Stro pulled down the mid-level exception for about $4.5 million per year I think. I'd take that.