They are all saying,,,,,,,,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thick and Thin, Mar 30, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Yeah, I look at Stro's $20 million deal and say good job. The guy is set for life. What was wrong with Stro's 2nd deal other than it wasn't $100 million? If he played 4 years at LSU he still would have never gotten a $100 million deal. He just isn't that type of player.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

It's sad that all of this talk is going on b/4 the season is over. It takes away from the final two games and I think it could become a distraction for LSU. On the other hand it could be a catapult for TTIME b/c maybe he is ready and he wants to show his stuff. If Brady lets either one of these kids go he is a moron. Don’t say it's not his choice it’s not his choice b/c that is BS. Brady has the power to keep these guys around for one more season. Imagine how much more money TT and Big Davis will make w/another season under the belt. Imagine the glory they will bring to their favorite school if they win a NC next year. If Brady cant out smart a 19 year old and talk him into staying one more year then he is stupid.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

So you are saying these "coaches" are better than coach K at Duke, Barnes at Texas, and Gillespie at A&M? No way, Tyrus would dominate as usual. And if he didn't dominate, he'd show exactly why he is a top 5 consensus pick...

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Depends on what you mean by "big money." I don't know what you consider "big money," but I can all but guarentee that Ty Thomas considers a 3 yr 10 mil contract to be "big money." It may not be Garnett Money, but one could retire early with 10 mil in the bank...But I guess some people don't consider it "big money."

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Not that I don't agree with you, and want them both to stay... but explain to me this statement. :shock:

How does Brady tell Tyrus Thomas who if is a top 3-5 pick is getting something in the neighborhood of a 3 year at $5+M per guaranteed contract, that he shouldn't go? I mean, I know all of the arguments, stay in school, have fun, accomplish big things... But, if Tyrus's mom can't afford to go to Jacksonville to watch her baby play... ?

Far many more coaches (take Coach K, with Corey Maggette, Jim B, with 'Melo, Donovan, with his loser team from last year, and the list goes on and on...), have been unable to talk sense into their players. This is NOT a Brady issue... he has more than a few times come out publicly about how scouts need to stay away from his players. This is a college vs. NBA issue, my friend.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE PART OF THE MAGIC!!!

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Well let's say TT is the top overall pick or the #2 pick this year and he passes. This is a weak draft. Next year, he goes pro. He is probably guaranteed the third spot at best with Greg Oden and OJ Mayo being of draft age and assuming they stay in school for one year. He could have a poor year and that will really hurt his stock. So why not go pro this year when he is guaranteed the the Top 5 $.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Good point. The only reason to stay is if he wants his jersey to hang up there with Bob, Pete, and Shaq. Of course, the NBA will always be there for him. He'll be a lottery pick whenever he goes.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I would tell him to look at the last 200 players drafted. Out of all of them you probably heard of about 25. Don't be one of the other 175 guys that suck in the NBA. Stay and develop your inside and outside game, you wont regret it. IF momma is poor then what’s one or two more years. The bank will loan you money if you want nicer things in the meanwhile. Just tell them that you are going to be a star and they would love to have your business. Other then that stfu and play ball where you said you was going to play ball.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

So I'm a sophmore in college in Engineering. A firm comes to me and says..."Hey, forget school. We will pay you 75K a year to start, learn on the job and the potential to make more once you progress". Am I staying in school? Hell no...

We better just enjoy it now because if someone drops 10 million on him he is gone.

10. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree with that too. If he wants to be remembered like that, then yeah stay.

It's like Jimmy Sexton asking Nick if he wanted to be remembered like Shula or Bear Bryant. Saban said Bear Bryant and then promptly boarded a plane for Miami when $5 million 5 years was put in front of him.