They Fell So You Could Kneel

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

You know, a veteran and Green Beret gave Kap the idea to kneel.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-kaepernick-kneel-boyer-20180916-story.html

It is disingenuous to act like all veterans, or all cops, are against the NFL players' protests. It is disrespectful to act like vets and cops are a like-minded herd incapable of independent thought on this matter. It's divisive, controversial, and gets people talking - which was the whole idea in the first place.

Now Kap lost me a long time ago with his pig socks, his Castro love, the admission that he doesn't vote and a lot of other childish stuff. So, fuck him.

But it's endlessly funny to me that the people most likely to call others "snowflakes" are the ones losing their minds, burning stuff, and booing during the anthem (ironic) because a few players kneeled before a sporting event.

GiantDuckFan and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Would you watch a game if just before kick off a bunch of players would pass around a US flag and wipe their butts with it? It would get lots of people talking. I’d flick the channel.

3. Robidoux87

A big, and weird, leap from "not standing" to "butt wiping." But I'll answer your question anyway. Yeah, probably.

I stand up straight, remove my hat, hand over heart for the anthem. But if someone else doesn't, why would I care?

I've loved football for many, many years. And for almost as long, I've known that it is: played by violent, steroid-inhaling degenerates; coached by rule-bending, callous dipshits; with teams owned by greedy, taxpayer-fleecing scumbags.

It's a great sport to watch and I've made my bargain with the unsavory aspects of it.

So I find it interesting that this has been the last straw for so many.

GiantDuckFan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Would you watch a game if during the anthem the players would burn a US flag while a holographic image of a shirtless Hugo Chavez rode a horse around the field and many players cheered and ran along side the hologram?

5. Robidoux87

Is the horse white? If so, I'm in and I want tickets on the 50 yard line. Lower bowl.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

That that's veterans right to do so. Not much respect gor the veteran who suggested that but his choice. Not losing my mind just venting

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Lol. Look, it just annoys me so I don’t watch. Things that annoy me I try to avoid. I have a Saints shirt I still wear because it’s comfortable. I think it’s disrespectful to Veterans and our country. Most Vets agree with me and some don’t. That’s cool.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You have the "right" to ignore the post if it bothers you so much. Sorry I didn't post something you approve of but that's my right eh?

Frogleg likes this.
  9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I wouldn’t, but that’s like comparing apples to the stupidest orange scenarios I’ve ever heard of.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

You’re right, put Sean Penn and Michael Moore together on the horse instead of Chavez.