They really think we are that stupid

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course, in fact this global warming will result in so much snow that we are all doomed.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i don't pretend to know sh!t about carbon emissions. I think they have an effect, but i don't know. Nor do you.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok good.

i like how quick you are to contradict yourself. this effect you think carbon has, it is a positive or negative? why? is it worth worrying about? why? how do you know all this? are you a scientist? are the economic negatives worth it if we try to stop the effects you think carbon as? you dont know? ok then presumably you oppose obama on this. good.

unlike you i actually never claimed to know.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So let me get this straight, just because i don't know something means i can't have an opinion? Is that how it works now?

maybe i should have put "think" in quotes for you. I don't know if its accurate or not, but i think it is. Think doesn't mean i am saying i know for sure. No i am not a scientist, and neither are you.

and when did i claim to know for certain? You are really good at putting words in people's mouth aren't you.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

you must acknowledge that your position is based on nothing and therefore of no value when making decisions. there is no way for you to know, for example, if a reduction in atmospheric carbon will be good or bad in terms of problems for humans. so you should oppose politicians who presume to make these sort of decisions. otherwise you are not being honest about your ignorance, you are presuming to understand the "problem" enough to favor a solution, which is effectively an immoral position and makes you a sincerely bad person.

not only you not know for "certain", you are 100% clueless. your opinion on what policy we should take regarding warming is no more likely to help us than hurt us. and we know for sure that these policies will cost money. is it worth it to spend money on things that you admit may not work, and may in fact be counterproductive?

i dont know a damn thing about the climate. there are scientits that know quite a bit, but nobody really understands the whole of it, the complex interactions, the feedback loops, the porportion of natural to mandmade factors, the possibility that we can fix things that are "wrong" with it. so the only moral position is to oppose legislation that places a burden on folks for the ostensible benefit of the environment. this is a simple choice. you oppose climate change mitigation policy, or you are an immoral person.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

to put this more clearly: if you favor a policy like cap and trade, and that policy raises the energy bill of some ordinary citizen, or makes his groceeries cost more because of the nergy required to grow and transport them, then you are genuinely a terrible sack of **** who only cares about himself.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Most of us don't know for sure about global warming but one thing we know for sure is that many who promote the idea of man made global warming lie and falsify information or use information that is incorrect.
    We also know that many of these same people live better than any of us and don't seem to mind how their carbon footprint effects the climate!

8. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I have heard that. I think that is fact.

I have also heard that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I have also heard that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. I have heard that the Civil War was fought to free the slaves. I have heard that interstellar dust evolved into sentient beings. I have heard that women's rights in Afghanistan should be important to the American voter. I have also heard there will be "no new taxes.....read my lips".

Or how about "no earmarks"....or "going through the budget line-by-line"?

And for the all time greatest whopper in the history of the world......"mankind is responsible for the changes in the earth's climate".

None of that is true.

But lets recognize something that is true about climate change.

Alarms sound and taxes go up....regulations increase and the quality of life for the average person is degraded while those in the "circle of trust" of the elite enjoy shaving more and more wealth off the great unwashed.

And that's a fact. All based on a massive bit of propoganda that is not based on anything but speculation and scientific models and "consensus". The whole thing has gotten Orwellian if you ask me.

But check the facts if you dare.....as someone once said "facts are stubborn things".

1 person likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

would it really matter?

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

did you hear that Obama is an American?

whackjob.