Things We Might See Tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Russell Shepard and/or Spencer Ware - throwing the football a la Keiland Williams.

Razzle/Dazzle where Pat Pete actually hands the football off to the "reverse" guy on a short kickoff.

Another fake punt or FG of a style we haven't seen yet.

Russell Shepard with over 100 yards receiving, mostly from YAC.

The other Sheppard make a run for a post-season LB award by stuffing Mr. Newton all night long.

We might. There won't be any holding back in this one. If it's possible, chances are we'll see it tonight.

:geaux:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I'm not too sure on anything specific, but I would put money on we are going to see an offense we haven't seen yet. Plays that have not been shown and execution that has been lacking.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Lol Andre Ware. He's coming out of retirement? :D

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I took that as, just like our O has been retired and we haven't seen it all season, and we will finally see it.

5. Bandit88

That's twice! What's the saying fool me once....

I'm of course speaking of Spencer Ware...:confused:

Next thing you know, I'll be getting Frank Gore's name wrong, too...:D

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You might see it tonight after the game, but you won't see it today during the game. Look for Miles to go ultra conservative to keep it close in an attempt to keep the ball from AU's offense. I think it's safe to say run on 1st down, run on 2nd down and pass on 3rd & long. At least for the first few series. Anything else would be absolutely shocking .........and welcomed.

7. Bandit88

I think all the haters are getting it wrong. Auburn is going to score. Maybe not a lot. But probably more than two touchdowns. LSU is going to be challenged to score (because the offense is not all that powerful, eh?). So Miles (who by the way takes a LOT of chances) is going to call some whacky schlitz in the second half to try to get some points on the board.

Could happen. Can't wait. Gonna be a great football game.

8. TwistedTiger

I'm not a hater, just calling it like it is. I think LSU's D will keep them off their average, but yes AU will score so LSU will have to keep pace. Miles takes chances like going on 4th and letting the clock tick down to 1 before getting a play off. But other than on special teams he really runs no trick plays at all. Shep has been here almost 2 seasons and has yet to throw the ball. Will he have to let the QB's throw more today? I would think so. However I don't see him going greatly out of character and showing much new. Hell he won't even change starting QB's when Lee is blowing the doors off of JJ. You want to do some thing wild? You want to do something mad hatter crazy? Try starting your best QB for the game. Now that would be off the hook Les Miles getting crazy on you!!!!! Who knows it might even work.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

With the running game better this year, I think Miles would try to keep the offense balanced and controlled, trying to eat up time of possession, while still airing it out more than usual. I expect play calling a bit more aggressive than before for the offense. On the other hand , I believe the offense can stay more focussed as they haven't received much respect from the media.

As for the defense, does anyone see any holes Auburn can exploit? I hope they don't give up too many big plays.

10. TwistedTiger

Running QB's always present another problem the D must contain. It changes the game from 10 vs 11 into 11 vs 11. I don't take an offense that just put up 65 against an SEC opponent lightly. AU's O will be a great challenge.