Think they can do it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by William, Apr 13, 2005.

1. William

William Freshman

Do you think the LSU! is good enough to win the SEC championship this year.:crystal:

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

What do you think William?

3. good times

good times Freshman

Hell yeah. they can and WILL do it !!! :crystal::geauxtige:helmet:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We should win the SEC West. The SEC championship game will be against a very good team (be it Georgia, Florida or Tennessee) and we'll really have to earn it.
    Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that LSU is the only team with lots of talent. Tennesse, Florida & Georgia will all have very good teams and right now it's a toss up as to who will win the East. We'll just have to wait & see which team comes together the best and wants it the most. I think LSU has a very good chance to win the SEC championship game but I think that if we don't it will be more due to the fact that the SEC East champ will be an especially great team, not that LSU is bad.

5. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

that might be the dumbest f**king question I ever heard. We all know the Tigahs got flat out the best talent in the SEC. They will win the Championship.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

.... and that may be the most inconsiderate greeting ever given to a new member to this forum. Watch your language. Chill.

Welcome to the forum William.

Wow, I know the talent is there for a SEC Championship and perhaps more..... but I just have no real idea how much of an effect all the changes will have on things. I am expecting a couple losses but hoping for a much better record.

7. purplejoe

Sorry Willy...didnt realize you were new to the jungle. Welcome and I'm sorry for the poor greeting. For a more formal intro, I'm purple Joe. 39 male Baton Rouge. Wife, one son. Love the Tigahs. Love ESPN. Hate Golf. Love some Neckcar. Favorites: Pizza Hut pizza, Total Sports Radio, Sex and the City and CSI.

Happy Grad?:thumb: :wink:

8. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Aw come on...no mention of Auburn in the teams with talent group?

I know you guys are the favorite in the West, but we do have our fair share of talent. Our defense will be awesome...whether our offense is good enough to beat you guys is a question that won't be answered til october.

I think you guys can win the SEC, but I also think we can too. If I were a vegas odds maker, I'd put the order of likelihood at:

LSU
    Auburn
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Florida

Maybe it is my SEC West bias, or maybe my Auburn goggles...but I'm just not buying all the hype with Tennessee or Florida.

9. purplejoe

Dude, Aubbie is losing all the big timers...campbell and the backs...I think your 3rd in the west at best.

10. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

09/03/05 North Texas -Win
    09/10/05 Arizona State -Win
    09/24/05 Tennessee -1st Big Win For Miles
    10/01/05 Mississippi State-Win
    10/08/05 Vanderbilt -Win, but ugly like in 97
    10/15/05 Florida-a*** kicked- Our dc will not put heat on leak with his no blitzing style defense
    10/22/05 Auburn-should win
    11/05/05 Appalachian State-win big
    11/12/05 Alabama-win(very similar offenses in big 12)
    11/19/05 Ole Miss-win, but close.
    11/26/05 Arkansas-win

I have them winning 10 games next year based on what is coming back. I am concerned with our defense though b/c I heard Pelini(sp) runs a vanilla defense compared to Saban which is why I think we will get destroyed by Florida. I hope I am wrong but either way, we should be in the SECC based on what's coming back in the West. Auburn will surprise some folks, they have a pretty good by name of Brandon Cox that has a lot of potential, but the loses of Williams and Brown will be a huge setback. I think Ole P*ss might be the sleeper in the West. As for as the East, I think they will dominate the Conf. with Florida, Tenn, S. Carolina, and UGA.

West
    LSU
    Alabama/Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Ark
    Miss State

East
    Florida-Got Tenn at Home
    Tenn
    S. Carolina-visor boy beats the dogs
    Georgia
    Kentucky