This day in history...

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Jul 20, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A very interesting character, this guy was so far ahead of his time it isn't even funny. I watch just about any time I stumble across a program featuring him

I thought Al Bundy had that record o_O

Winston1 likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Never watched M....WC, so that joke is right over my head.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Then you are in for a treet. If your cable system doesn't have reruns of the show buy the DVDs or watch on YouTube.

Things they couldn't do these days

Winston1 likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Man that was the best show ever...love me some al bundy

Bengal B, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  5. mctiger

On December 13, 2003, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is captured by US troops. He's been on the run since the US entered the country on March 20. Hussein has been in control of the country for more than 20 years, and has been a thorn in the side of much of the world since invading Kuwait in 1990. U.S. soldiers find Hussein hiding in a six-to-eight-foot deep hole, nine miles outside his hometown of Tikrit. He does not resist and is uninjured during the arrest. A soldier at the scene described him as “a man resigned to his fate.” After standing trial, he'll be executed on December 30, 2006.

On December 13, 1862, Confederate General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia repulses a series of attacks by General Ambrose Burnside’s Army of the Potomac at Fredericksburg, Virginia. The defeat was one of the most decisive Union losses of the Civil War, and it dealt a serious blow to Northern morale in the winter of 1862-63.

On December 13, 1937, Japanese forces take Nanking, the capital of China, and the Chinese government flees to Hankow, further inland along the Yangtze River. To break the spirit of Chinese resistance, Japanese General Matsui Iwane ordered that the city of Nanking be destroyed. In what became known as the “Rape of Nanking,” much of the city was burned, the Japanese butchered an estimated 200,000 men, and raped at least 20,000 women and girls of all ages, many of whom were mutilated or killed in the process. Shortly after the end of World War II, Matsui was found guilty of war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East and executed.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i read the book, "the rape of nanking" .

the japanese are perhaps harder sons of bitches than nazis. its weird nobody cares. well, the chinese and koreans care alot, but in the west we pretty much forgot it. i mean those motherfuckers were fucking savages. they would throw babies up in the air and catch them on their bayonets. they would shove swords into ladies and kill them with sword rape. thwy had contests to see who could cleanly behead the most chinamen.

and yet the government still wont really acknowledge or apologize, and unlike the nazis, there was no real regime change. modern germany is a monument to regret. japan doesnt give a fuck.

more evidence for my point that western culture is racist and only holds white people to any standard. nazis are the embodiment of evil, japan nobody cares.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just won't buy a Honda, Nissan or Toyota. That will teach those son of a bitches a lesson. I do have a Takamine guitar I'm rather partial to though. Thank God we buy our electronics from yellow people in China and Korea now instead of those yellow savages from Japan, I like Chinese food better than Japanese anyway. Jap food is too weird.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I worked with a gentlemen whose wife was Filipino, and old enough to remember WW2. I asked her about this and she confirmed to me that the Japanese really did do this to babies. She hated Japanese people till the day she died.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was part of that mission. Nowhere near where they caught him as I was on a boat patrolling the river to make sure he didn't escape on the water

kcal, mctiger, Bengal B and 1 other person like this.
  10. mctiger

It would appear you did your job well.

shane0911 likes this.