This guy needs to be assassinated

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'm sorry you try and portray conservative values. At least some people actually stand for them.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

to what, trying to placate them? like egypt and saudi arabia has? where they are still trying to overthow those govts from within? because even tho they are islamic govts, they arent bowing completely to the radical islamist ideals? in saudi, a very islamic based code of laws, where they dont like the monarchy? or egypt where there is too much secularism in govt? yeah, placating them and even helping them to an extent does not wipe them out. hell, im convinced the saudis aid the extremists to a degree, but they still find ways to denounce the monarchy for not being "holy enough". until that country is run completely by the clerics, the extremists wont be happy.

the only way to get radical islamist off us is to become a radical islamic govt. they will accept nothing less than a world the conforms to not only islam, but THEIR ideas of islam.

im not gonna say some of our foreign policy hasnt made things worse. it has given them more reason to hate us. but our being, our whole way of life.... secular, democratic, primarily christian.... THAT is their reason. and that wont stop.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I simply don't agree.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What treaty? Where do you get this notion? We have no defense treaty with Israel. They have never once come to fight alongside the US anywhere, nor have we ever come to fight for them. We give them conventional arms to defend themselves. Period. We have never aided their nuclear weapons program. An attack on Israel will bring a decisive Israeli response, not an American one.

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Not to mention we are funding their close enemies.

If you really want to be a "friend" of Israel it would seem foolish to do that.

Again another reason our foreign policy is a bunch of crap.

6. red55

Are you serious?

Look . . . the best way that the US can control a war is to be the arms supplier to both sides. Egypt and Israel do not make war upon each other, neither do Jordan and Israel, and neither does Saudi Arabia and Israel.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

why are we arming the f'n world?

8. red55

1. We have the best and most profitable arms industries in the world. The world beats a path to our door. Capitalism works that way.

2. If we don't sell arms, France, Russia, and China will and then they get the political leverage instead of us.

3. Many of the countries we sell or give arms to are doing our dirty work for us.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

It still doesn't make any sense to stand up for Israel like we are friends.

If you were my friend I wouldn't give your enemy weapons.

The US has become extremely hypocritical.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You are treating this as if it were a squabble with some kid down the block who took your soccer ball. I used soccer ball as an example because you just strike me as the kind of guy that likes soccer. Anyway, it is so much more complicated than that bro. We have to align with Isreal and for so many more reasons than you are clearly capable of understanding.