this guys is picking AZ as the winner...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TundraTiger, Sep 1, 2003.

1. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

New season and "hope springs eternal"...

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Somebody has to be "that guy"

4. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Wasn't sporting news the site that had Auburn as the preseason #1?

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

It isn't ridiculous. Arizona CAN win. They aren't Virginia Tech, but if LSU plays like it did in Blacksburg last year and if Arizona plays its miracle game of the year it could be at least too close for comfort. We've all seen LSU go out and lose to someone they have no business losing to. I hope and pray that doesn't happen on Saturday.

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I agree. I would not put them(AZ) any lower than Kentucky or Ole Miss of last year, and we almost blew those games. It all depends on the play of our QB, and like I have stated a few times nothing has happened yet that shows us that we are improved enough at QB compared to last year.
    We should still win:geaux:, but if get the same QB play as last year a fluke play could beat us. Or a fluke play may be needed to save us.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who pays these guys?

"Looking for a Week 2 upset? Try Arizona over LSU in the desert. The Wildcats aren't devoid of talent -- TB Mike Bell and CB Michael Jolivette are proof of that -- but they are devoid of chemistry. Still, a fall camp marked by bickering and tension melted away with last weekend's easy win over UTEP. The ongoing feud between coach John Mackovic and TB Clarence Farmer -- and the resulting team turmoil -- will get a reprieve because of Farmer's injured shoulder and because Bell continues to prove he is the team's best tailback. … "

I'm not arguing that LSU can't lose this game. But, it appears that the only thing pointing to an Arizona upset is that they had an easy win over UTEP. The prediction acknowleges a lack of chemistry, recent bickering and tension, and an injured tailback's feud with the head coach. The reporter goes so far as to list the injury and the feud as a positive. LSU had a great recruiting class, more talent, a better coach, a much better 2002 season and an easy tuneup in poor conditions. I just don't see why this game jumps out as an "upset special".