This has bugged my for a while

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, May 8, 2003.

1. LSU667

LSU667 Founding Member

I agree those idiots do come out of the woodwork. But to apply that standard to all greeks is ignorant. I refused to get wasted for games because i wanted to remember and enjoy every bit. And on the occasions where my friends did get too drunk i would try to get them and their dates out of there in order to prevent any bad things happening.

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Yeah - its always fun to watch the girls in heels try to make it up the steps.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wasn't a frat guy but I had a few friends who were and never had a problem with them and their traditions. Of course, I went to USL and we didn't have football. Or did we? So that's why the lights were on in the stadium on Saturday nights.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

That was just Lafayette High playing a saturday game. There is no football at USL.

5. IndianTiger

IndianTiger Freshman

Before replying to the post, I have been a daily browser for almost 2 years now and finally decided to contribute. I was a foreign graduate student (from India) who did MS at LSU.

I watched all the football matches in the 2000&01 seasons. I come from a place where we dont know how a football looks like. Me and a few friends normally sit (rather stand) in the frat section and they were pretty hardcore LSU fans sans purple and gold body paints. An example - the infamous UAB match and we were pissed and booing Booty and there were a few sorority gals that got so incensed that they told me to shut the hell up and insisted that a true fan would be the one that supports the team in its bad times and not in the good times. They were also pretty helpful in explaining some rules and some LSU customs.

Its childish to come at conclusions based on the way people dress. Happy to post my first message and hopefully I would continue contributing.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Welcome, Indiantiger! We're glad you (finally) decided to become an official member.

(note to other lurkers - see how easy it is?;) )

7. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Welcome, Indiantiger! Sorry about the negative sterotype I cast on all greeks. I guess I just jumped to conclusions before actually knowing all the facts.