This is a good time for Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Hey guys,

Josh Innes here. I dont know how many of you are listeners or callers of our show, but if you are I'd like to thank you for doing so. We hear good things about our numbers and we have a very highly rated show and we thank all of you guys. We've been getting a lot of calls lately. Were averaging about 15 a show and for a show that is really only about 45 minutes thats huge. It's a big time for LSU sports and we hope if you are a listener you continue to be so. If your not, please tune in, it's the best hour you'll spend on radio.

Thanks.

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Brett, was this a paid advertisement? :wink:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :hihi: :hihi: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Rid yourself of Flake Andrews...Anyone who predicts the Lakers will win the "National Championship" in the NBA has no place on the air...

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

hey josh. i listen to you guys and buddy almost every day. i actually only heard your opening comments today and didn't get to hear tyhe rest of the show. I call the show from time to time and use my real name: Justin (but there are a few different Justins that call in. today however (and i say this repesctfully) i disagree with your comments this mornig about Nick Saban's coaching job this year.

long story short, you put the team's lackluster performance against a so called weak schedule on Saban and I put it on the players. I have thought all year that this team didn't execute on the field. and I thought it was saban's defensive squad who was in position more than not to make plays but suffered from mechanical mistakes on coverage and poor tacking especially at the start of the season. i think it is nick saban who turned a team playing like a 6-5 team all year and got them to go 9-2. coaches can only do so much, the players have to play the game.

furthermore if you want to say that jimbo fisher got outcoached (in the bowl game) i'll agree with that but we all knew this would be a defensive game. it was the secondary who botched the last play against Iowa. take away that play and the blocked punt (we can't seem to punt block for bowl games) and iowa only puts up 17 legit pts on our D. maybe this was karmic payback for UK 2002.

as far as the QB's go, i had no problem with putting in flynn and no problem yanking him for russell. all year they've been inconsistent, if flynn was putting in the effort at practicve and doing the best then he should be the man. bowl games are 1 game seasons. i also had no problem with a fake field goal. our kickers aren't exactly stellar. if flynn had worked and the fake fg as well he (saban) would be a genuis. you gotta take shots like that as a coach and i thought saban would in his last game (a bowl game). you play basketball, right. the end of this game is the equivalent of your team going up by two with 2 seconds left and then the other team inbounds and hurls a 70 footer that goes in. it's just one of those things that happen in sports. the sun came up on sunday and everything.

last of all i like what you contribute to the show, an alternate viewpoint to all the homers. keep it up and happy new year to you and blake. :thumb:

ps i apologize for the words long story short and then going on and on.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't mind someone throwing out a plug here and there but one good turn deserves another. :wink:

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

If this is Josh, never met him or know what he looks like, just want to say I listen to the show when I can. Like the show. The #1 problem I have is it's only for an hour. Any change in format plans in the future?

[​IMG]

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As Chinese Bandit so eloquently pointed out, the last second TD by Ark. later in that same year to keep us out of the SECCG was our karmic payback for the bluegrass miracle. :D

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

so you're saying we're due next year!!!!??
    russell to bowe on a Hm to finish off Tubby maybe or fat Phil. I'm getting excited!!!!!!!!:helmet: :grin:

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

How about a Perriloux role out with :02 seconds left in the Rose Bowl against Iowa (rematch), receivers are covered so he calls a Vince Young and scramble for 47 yards and a walk off TD to win 27-24 (payback)