This is a good time for Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Scrappy, perhaps I'm a bit too harsh, and it wouldn't be the first time someone referred to me-or I even admitted I was-but...

Flake Andrews brings your show down...and I hate to say it, but I think that started out as his show, and you came on...

Well, let me tell you...I'm sure you're trying to put together the building blocks for a career in Sports Talk Radio in this town...So good luck.

Flake is just that...A Flake...and I apologize...But I am far from the only individual who thinks that way...

I mean, just look at his commercial for the "Southern Style Homes" show...He even looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about...

This guy started out doing plugs for under-10 youth league football coaches on air and talking about the Baton Rouge Kingfish and other idiotic non-LSU subjects...

Sorry, but LSU is the driving force behind the sports talk movement in this town...and if you've got someone on air who combines a lack of knowledge about the single biggest driving force behind his profession with comments like, "The LA Lakers will win the NBA National Championship"...

I don't want to get into it, but not even your own fellow on-air personalities have nice things to say about Flake...

Pull the plug...

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Blake is a knowledgable guy. He's a good guy and my friend. But all im saying is I dont want to be known as an idiot around town. If you think that then you do. I understand that LSU drives this town. The fact that I'm not from here hurts some cred. The fact im 18 hurts some cred. But, I feel that I'm a pretty good host. I for the most part handle the callers well, and I'm professional in what I do.

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Hey when I was 18, I didn't even know my full name. Not too bad for his age. I'm sure the show will continue to try and improve.

4. TigerEducated

Hey, Total Sports Radio...Want to lose about 260 pounds of ugly fat? Cut Flake Andrews off the air...

His favorite..."Well, you might have a point there..."

Sheesh!

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I just appreciate all the listeners we have. They are all pretty knowledgeable as well and it makes for good radio.

6. Josh, you do a great job, especially at 18...much better than I could do as a matter of fact. But I have to agree that to me (my opinion only) that Blake comes across as not knowing his stuff. I would listen to the show if that were to change or a replacement host were to be brought in. Kudos to you, you have improved the show a great deal.

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

He does say that a lot. :lol:

Hey TE, you sure you don't listen to the show that much?

..and where in Denham do you live? Not a street address, just a general location.

8. TigerEducated

If you personally, Gradin99', and myself all agree, then it's not your opinion only...Don't feel bad...Tell him the truth...If he wants to make a career out of it, he needs to distance himself from things that will hinder his career path...

It's like telling an aspiring but tone deaf singer that focusing on voice lessons is immaterial to her future career as a recording artist...

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

LOL...We need to flood RP's email inbox with this picture.

Word here in Houston is Vince stays through his senior season. That's two LO-O-ONG years holding the clipboard, Ryan.

Well, at least you'd look snazzy spending all your time during the game wearning a Longhorns visor on your head. :rofl:

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I appreciate the messages. Just keep listening to the show.