This is one huge class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by cajdav1, Feb 4, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can't take the time to go back and figure it all out right now but this may be the biggest class ever pulled in by the Tigahs.

Average weight by position

DB---187 lbs

WR---192 lbs

LB---225 lbs

DL---285 LBS and that includes Washington, not sure if that is where he will end up. Ih plays LB you can see how that position would go up.

OL---320 lbs

This is a huge class with a lot of talent. The D-line may has to be the most highly touted ever, the linebackers are big & superb, the O-line is massive and talented, the wide receivers are just plain incredible and the DB's are fast, big and strong. What a class!!!!

After you look at this go take a peek at the 1958 roster posted on this board. Whew, what a difference!!!

And they are all pretty tall also.

2. Flynnscuzin

Flynnscuzin Founding Member

Still not enough to catch USC though.... ya know there gonna have a field day with that one

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm in awe of this class. Saban filled all needs with absolute studs. And they are not just football players, these guys are straight up athletes. Athletes on the Oline, dline, EVERYWHERE. Speed and athleticism kills, and we are LOADED with it! I mean Claude Wroten is 315, and runs a 4.9! What is that?!? He will be wreaking havoc in opposing backfields all next year! I'm loving it!

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

USC will get Rivals, but we will get the Insiders.

can you say SPLIT???????

5. Flynnscuzin

Flynnscuzin Founding Member

im just tired of finishing second behind the horribly overratted USC Trojans, I really hope we get a chance to play them in the near future to shut em up, their forums are already saying things like "we beat LSU in the polls and in the recruiting race, we would kill em in a game" and trash talk like that. VERY irritating.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Four words for USC : "Come see the trophy !"

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The best thing about this class and all classes previous to this one under Saban's helm is that these are GOOD KIDS!

We don't recruit the Willie William's of this world and we will never recruit those type players.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

One thing that Saban mentioned in his press conference at 4:00 was that we got several "big boys." He used Stephen Peterman as an example of someone (a "big boy") who was a TE, became a defensive lineman and them moved to the O-line where he was very successful. Saban clearly lkes big players and has a knack spotting where they can help and have success as a player. However, he stressed that he never asks a player to play a position the don't want to play.

9. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Good Lord! Who cares what some guys who try to rate freakin' high school kids on film say? In the end, the experts are just trying that the USC talent must be better than the Louisiana talent this year. Let Saban coach thses kids and place them in the right position. Let Moffett get them in the weight room. I bet we have the most talented team in America as a result.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It really dosen't matter who rates which players the highest. USC got 8 players rated as a 5 star and LSU got 3 but that dosen't mean our guys wouldn't kick the crap out of the USCUCK guys if they met on the field after a couple of years under Nick Saban's coaching.