This is so sad..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mach316, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

2. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Come on, now. I'd much rather have the defense out there trying to protect a lead than the offense trying get one.

The last thing this offense needed to worry about there was scoring too quickly. How many of us, after LSU got the ball back, thought to ourselves, "Just don't score too soon?"

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Nothing to do with the actual article:

I'm not quite sure where he got 24 plays on the final drive. It was 16 plays. (17 with the UT 13 men on the field play)

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

He's a Tennessee homer. Nuff said.

Next.

5. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Yeah, I count 16 plays plus four penalties (so, 20 if you include those).

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

You said we ran 24 plays? If that's true, wow. I didn't realize that was a 24 play drive.

I don't think holding the ball for the last 5:41 of the game is a bad way to play, against any defense. If we truly did run a 24-play drive, you are insane for complaining about that. No, we're not a great offensive team, and apart from a few sporadic moments, we are not very explosive either. But we can consistently control the ball with a good running game.

It may not be exciting, and it's definitely not what we should be capable of, but it works. I don't get why you are complaining about a 6-minute drive, regardless of the yards per play, we got enough first downs to keep the drive going. (2.8x4=first down)

Or would you rather have seen us punt three times, only to score in a brilliantly executed :30 second sequence that saves our ass? Methinks you would complain either way, because that's your thing.

You're complaining about things that are actually okay. I realize it's fashionable to think our team is doomed, but there are a few things that don't suck about LSU football. Running the ball is something we do very well, and it should be applauded.

7. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Not a bad article with some very valid points, that of course the apologists will ignore...hey, he's 5-0. I wish Miles would take that same position....walk into the press conference and say, "suck it, I'm 5-0, what more do you want."

I know that a lot of people don't respect sportswriters, there is an LSU conspiracy, a bias to the West Coast, etc. But isn't it funny that not ONE "expert" in the country is defending anything that happened on Friday. There is not a single comment of "something done right." These are former coaches and players telling us how bad our coach is and we still have people who justify his position by quoting his record....it's astounding.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Where is your evidence that we were running down the clock and if that's true then that's another nail that should be pounded in the coffin. With one of the worst offenses in the country and one of the best defenses, if that was anyone's philosophy, they should be run out of town immediately.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Izzy's notoriously bad with numbers...:cool:

1 person likes this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

And for what it's worth...I ain't buying they were trying to run out the clock. We scored two TDs all day. One on the first play, one on the last. If anything, with LSUs track record of scoring TDs, they better get down there in FG range, kick one, then play good defense, get the ball back, and do it again.