This just in: Officiating to give Tennessee Women's the National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Tenn made shots down the stretch we didn't, thats the real story of this game...

2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Overall, a well played game. I agree, free throw shooting probably cost the Lady Tigers the game. But, I have to believe that was the longest "3 seconds on the shot clock" I've ever seen. Seemed more like 6 seconds for Tennessee to get that shot off late in the game.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Don't pick on ISLSTL. He's one of the best posters we've got.

The Lady Tigers lost by only 2 points. It was anybody's game and Tenn knows that they were fortunate to get the win.

I'm very, very proud of the Lady Tigers. They almost got to the NC Game, just like the football Tigers did!

4. ene0929

ene0929 Founding Member

Congratulations Lady Tigers on a GREAT season

I think the ladies should keep their heads up. They played a great game and probably should've won the game. Tennessee is very good team.
    I think the officiating was questionable at best, the whole entire game for both teams. In my humble opinion, Temeka was fouled before she traveled. I knew they weren't going to call it and so did Pat Summit. I think the inbounds play should've been more down the court.
    Either way, I'm a proud TIGER fan. Can't wait until next season ! :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Excuses are abundant when it comes to basketball at LSU.

The refs didn't lose the game ... poor shooting lost the game.

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Yeah if anything Semoine kept getting hit on her elbow. I really thought that that was the difference. Even as bad as Semoine played we still had a shot to win. Congrats Lady Tigers!

7. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

As poorly as I thought this game was officiated, you can't blame them for the loss. I too felt that was the longest 3 seconds in sports history, the '72 Ole Miss game notwithstanding.

But we lost the game at the foul line and missing layups and Seimone going in the tank shooting. We had our chances and just didn't take advantage of them.

After my earlier post of asking about trading a womens BBNC for a baseball NC and the responses it got, I am happy to see so many people care. I don't think that anyone who is a true Tiger fan isn't number one, extremely proud of what these girls have accomplished and two, hurt by the outcome of last nights game.

I am going on record right now as saying that next year, WE WIN IT ALL!!!!

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If Augustus was getting hit on the elbow on her jump shots, it is her or Pokey's job to get on the refs to watch for that. Alot of her shots were hitting the front of the rim, which is often a result if a jump shooter gets tapped on the elbow.

Someone needed to make sure that the officials knew what was happening, even if that meant Pokey picking up a T to get her point across.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Officiating quality seemed about as good as the men's semi's -- which isn't saying much. But I really did not see a bias to Tenn. We got quite a few calls early that I thought were generous.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I thoight the officials were good, mediocre,

good, mediocre, etc, etc, etc; just like every basketball game I ever watch. The refs try hard but make plenty of mistakes at all levels of the game. As everyone else has pretty much said we lost this game due to foul shooting and UT getting so many off. rebounds but I will have to say they got a lot of those off. rebounds due to the bricks they were throwing up as the ball was either bouncing way over the heads of our girls who were in good posistion or were hitting the backboard and coming straight down without hitting the rim, really weird bounces due to UT's shots being so bad. The girls played their hearts out and I am proud of them. And like Mikethe Tiger69 said, we all are hurting a little today, which is a good thing for the state of our women's program IMO. Hopefully we can make another run in the NCAA's next year.