This kinda says it all if you ask me....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

With the new changes coming up in the BCS, it seems that I wasn't the only one concerned with the strength of schedule not having as much to do with ratings anymore..... Apparently someone @ collegefootballnews.com thinks so too....

"...LSU and Georgia will be among the three to five best teams in the nation all year long, but won't really be in the mix for the Orange Bowl. Welcome to the SEC where the schedules are always a nightmare. Put LSU in the Pac 10 or Big Ten and the Tigers are Orange Bowl bound. With road games at Auburn, Georgia, Florida and Arkansas and then, if everything goes well, an SEC title game, it will be impossible to get out unbeaten. Georgia has a tough game at South Carolina to go along with showdowns with LSU, Tennessee, at Arkansas, Florida and at Auburn. You can bet that SEC fans will be screaming for the Strength of Schedule component to be back in the BCS formula in 2005...."

The complete article is here....
    http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2004_Previews/2004_SEC_Preview_Top5s.htm

Geaux Tigers!!!!

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Sad...........but true. :cry:

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I was thinking though, I know its not directly in,and seeing as the computer polls only account for 33% and all, but don't some of the computer polls account for strength of schedule in their calcs?

So yes, we are getting screwed, and it doesn't balance out, but at least it might still play some part of it.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Its funny how the BCS has regressed instead of progressed... it was made to stop the media from controlling who plays.. sad..