This one really hurts.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Nov 18, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

The loss at AU was kind of understandable. A good team, on the road, poor field conditions, new QB, etc... It hurt, but LSU had a lot to contend with.

This weekend was different. LSU had everything going for it this Saturday. The crowd was ready, the team was obviously fired up. I think the game plan was not bad, either. Everything was working ok for a while - looked like a defensive struggle - which is what many folks expected.

What is sad to me is how unprepared we were to execute the game plan. I really think the coaches put the players in position to win, our players did not execute. How many penalties were there on our offense on 2nd or 3rd and short?? I counted at least five, and I left at the end of the third quarter.

That was so frustrating. One drive-killing penalty after another. Every time we got a foothold, we'd beat ourselve back with a dumb penalty or other mistake. That fumble after the fake punt was an absolute killer. The team pretty much laid down after that.

I don't fault any one player for the loss. The injuries and our lack of depth actually caught up to us. If LSU is a better team than what played against UK and Bama - I'd sure like to see it, coach. Right now, we don't have a very good team. You simply don't lose 31-0 at home on Sat night in Tiger Stadium.

I don't know what the answer is, but then I don't get paid $1.5 million a year to know the answer. I think Saban is a good coach and I think he will salvage the season. We still have a lot to play for. Let get ready for Ole Miss and forget this debacle.

Go to hell Ole Miss, go to hell!