This pic was on the front page of the Lexington Herald-leader

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 10, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

O.K. O.K. Lets all calm down a bit.

My opinon NO ONE should be on the field. The guy in the cow outfit WAS NOT taunting your player.

Think about, you have a college about 180 soaking wet, in a Cow uniform, going after a Div 1 college football player who has a helmet. If he did he is an idiot.

I see your point, (Not your stupid comments about pissing on our institution we are very proud of)

No LSU fan should have been on the field. However UK fans where IN THE ENDZONE when our player was trying to run into it. Another one trying to taunt a QB, who was still trying to finish game with hundreds of others 15 yards behind him tearing on a goal post.

So your point (Although horribly put) is noted. The fact is your field is irrelavant. No one should be on a field after a game, even more so after the game. No matter who.

This is in the interest of the players, refs and coaches. So no I dont think the "Cow boy" should have been on the field, but he was no better or worse then the hundreds of UK fans ON and around the field DURING the game.

2. will0945

will0945 Freshman

Im out, I'll be back in a few to see this thread, and possibly respond to some others......BTW, all of you reading please dont call UK fans idiots or stupid. 1. it just makes you look bad and 2. If you had back-to-back 2-9 seasons and had a chance to get the goalpost you'd be waiting for the game to be over on the sidelines too....

3. TexasTigers

I dont think UK fans are stupid or idiots.

4. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

It's ok for you to piss on the ashes of our university when it burns down but we can't say some of the Kentucky fans that stormed the field were stupid or idiots. Get a grip man

5. will0945

will0945 Freshman

I already said that comment was out of line, and I was very upset when I said it and I am sorry..........

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The ones on the goalpost are.

7. will0945

will0945 Freshman

You are 1 LSU fan that I respect.

8. TexasTigers

If you accuse the UK fans who tried to attack the goal posts idiots then we must call ourselves idiots since we did it twice in one season. (Beating UT, and again with Bama, and tried again in the Auburn game)

I understand why UK went crazy, think about it. They have had two 2-9 seasons (I believe) they now have a very good program. And to top it off they are a very good program that is in NCAA timeout.

I dont blame them, for going nuts, they were about to upset the 16th ranked team in the nation, at home.

I dont think they are idiots, they just should have waited 9 more seconds.
    But to be honest, if I was a student who loved my program as much as I love LSU's program, and we after sucking were about to have 7 wins and a beat the 16th ranked team. i would have been on the field as well.

Actually i was on the the field after the Auburn game last year.

they are not idiots. But that is my opinion. And I guess I am an idiot as well.

P.S. Will Apology excepted. (You know you can click the edit button and delete that mess) just a thought.

9. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

i definitely feel for UK fans

what a horrible swing in emotion.

Of course a win against LSU would have been huge for them. They've been in many close games and (this year) they have a good team. To go from euphoria to the doldrums in two seconds has to be excruciating. Tiger fans, remember our loss to Bama in Dinardo's second to last year? Remember how we snached defeat from the jaws of victory?

And the cow guy - I think the photo is hilarious. But could you imagine having UK fan run on the field in Tiger stadium, under ANY circumstance? Said UK fan would be killed on sight and those who killed him would be pardoned immediately. Just would not happen in Death Valley.

I know they were pissed. I would be too. That loss has got to sting to the core. My Dad was at the game. He's 62, has had 3 heart operations and had a stroke in 1999. He was cussed out and taunted by UK fans. I'm not mad at UK. I'm not whining about how classless they are (although there must be few to talk to my dad like that) - like AU fan whines about LSU fan. The simple fact is we not only won - we provided a collective maxed-out difibrillator jolt of sorrow directly injected into their souls, then some of our fans had the audacity to run on their field. I understand the enthusiasm - hell - I might have been out there myself - but I guess I am saying I feel UK fan's pain.

10. TexasTigers

Once again Mike, you prove you are one of the best posters on this board.

I admit, I would have wanted to kill someone had that happened to us and they went on Tiger Stadium.....
    So I totally understand their point.

I guess sometimes our Purple and Gold Glasses we miss those sort of things.

I am sure plenty of UK fans were rude and jerks to LSU fans, and honesly probably vice versa. The point is, it takes fans that like us on this board to correct our fans from cussing at elderly people or drinking themselves into a Ted Kennedy type state.
    It is just a game, we are Americans, and more importantly southeners.