This season looks like 2004 to me.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 13, 2006.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Saban should have been fired for losing 3 games and bareley winning the rest of them. LSU fans on this board should have run his ass out of town. Oh wait, they did.

Oregon State W 22-21
    Arkansas St. W 53-3
    Auburn L 10-9
    Miss. State W 51-0
    Georgia L 45-16
    Florida W 24-21
    Troy W 24-20
    Vanderbilt W 24-7
    Alabama W 26-10
    Ole Miss W 27-24
    Arkansas W 43-14
    Iowa1 L 30-25

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

why are so many of you obsessed with saban's '04 coaching record?

Stop trying to compare the two...

Nick Saban was a top 5 college coach. The same can't be said about Miles..

Fact: LSU won 2 SEC championships and 1 national championship in 5 years under Saban

Fact: LSU will win 0 SEC championships and 0 national championships in X amount of years under Miles

3. JoeReckless

I love Saban. Always have, Always will.

If Miles has a losing season, I will be the first to call for his head. Just let the man do his job and let the season play out before discouraging potential recruits, who probably read this board.

4. JoeReckless

I guess I should have mentioned that I was being sarcastic in my opening comments of the original post... Seems to go over some people's head.

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

You don't replace a Nick Saban with Les Miles. But when Bertman put a cap on the salary, I guess Lsu gets what they deserve. But that is a different arguement for a different day.

I still say, with the talent we had this year, we should not be struggling like we are with Auburn and Florida. Not to take anything away from Fl and Au, but when Urban M. said at his post game press conf. that the LSU team was the post talented team he ever coached against, that the tells me we might we have coaching problems. I give Miles credit for last year for keeping the team intact after the hurricanes, but I cannot say I like what I see this year considering the talent we have. Last year was the 1st year since 2000 we haven't made a new years day bowl, and based on what I see this so far this year, I don't see us playing on New Years Day. That is a regression. Spin it the way you want.

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Actually that is incorrect. Saban was a Top 5 coach 1 time in 5 years at LSU, Miles finished in the Top 5 in his first year here.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'll take a 2004 season this season because that means we win the rest of our games. The only difference I would hope for is a win in the bowl game.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Saban had just won the National Championship.
    You are comparing apples to oranges here.
    THe man had SEC titles and a National title to his name. Plus victories over top 10 teams (Twice in one season)

Saban "earned" the right to have some latitude. Not saying Miles doesnt but Saban had skins on the wall.

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

IF we win out, Les Miles will probably beat 2 top ten teams and leave us with an impressive second half of the season.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I still say that Saban lost the team in 2004. More people showed up to spring football overweight and out of shape than ever before or since.

His coaching style doesn't last longer than 5 years... anywhere.