This season looks like 2004 to me.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 13, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Everyone knows the story with the Auburn game.

The Iowa loss was on him- all the distraction surrounding his leaving and we did lack focus and that's one time his team didn't play until the very
    end- I'm sure everyone remembers the last play of the game.

I like Saban and think he tried to handle his leaving how he saw best not to detract from the focus and am not saying it was his fault but nonetheless it put a cloud over the bowl game. Just by his pesonality you have to know he's a winner and had good intentions but the timing was terrible.

I think the jury's still out on Miles. We'll see at the end of the season b/c if we end up 10-2, that's not only not bad but very good considering our schedule- most figured going in to the season that we would have 2-3 losses- what gets me is that one game had variables that made it hard for us to win and the other was a game that we made it easy for a good opponent to win.

2. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

dude can i borrow your crystal ball? i wanna know if i'll find the last piece from mcdonalds so i can win the 50k.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Here is the difference you people can't seem to get:

in 2004, we had a rookie QB, rookie WRs and a great defense

in 2006, we have a veteran QB, veteran WRs and a great defense

and yet Miles can't seem to get any more out of these same players (QB/WRs) than Saban did when they were wet behind the ears....no progression....no maturity....they are POORLY COACHED!

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

In 2004 we had a good running game that put RB's and OL into the NFL. This year, we don't.

5. jimmyj

jimmyj Freshman

So you're saying Miles needs to accomplish in a year and a half what Saban did in 5 years?

6. ATL_Tigah

ATL_Tigah Founding Member

You and your ability to predict the future, are the reason I hate a good portion of the LSU fan base. While Saban was one of the best things to happen to this program, I resent the fact that he brought sunshine a$$hats like you back to the table. :cuss:

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i got negative rep for this...:confused:

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I'll be elated if he can accomplish in his second and fourth year what Saban did in his second and fourth year. If he exceeds that then I will be even happier. Not only did Saban put LSU back on the media map but he helped upgrade facilites equal to any University. Miles has done a good job recruiting but the facilites produced by the previous admin sure makes it easier.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Nick Saban is 1 of the top 32 coaches in all of football. Of course Miles' isn't as good as Saban. If he were, he would be in the NFL.

Miles isn't a top 5 college coach. I don't make any illusions that he is. But he's better than a lot of others out there and I'd like to give my unconditional support and not fly off the handle and want him run out of town after only a season and a half...like some on this board.

IMO, the criticism that Miles is facing now reminds me a lot of what was said about Mack Brown at Texas prior to last season's National Title: That he was a good recruiter, but fans kept saying that he couldn't "win the big one" (i.e. beat OU and/or win a conference title). Brown, after steady years of providing top 10 recruiting classes and multiple top 10 finishes, finally got a National title. It took longer than Texas fans would have liked, but he did it. Can Miles do it? I don't know. BUt it took Brown more than a year and a half.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, Saban's really lookin good right now with that 1-4 record.:hihi:

Spurrier and Caroll were so good they came back to college too.:yelwink2: