This should spark things up a bit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jul 20, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont know either.

red was pretty smart about this, i wish he was around.

i talk to pakistanis all the time, they are furious because they feel like our aid to them is a corrupting influence. and they are absolutely certain that musharaf was terrible (and had benazir bhutto killed) and we americans should have always considered him an enemy. and i have no idea what we should do, or how much we should threaten them. and my pakistani friends are also furious that we are violating their borders to search for bin laden, and i tell my friends to shut up and stop whining.

2 things:

1. i think obama has a pretty good idea of what to do about pakistan. i dont understand it really but i trust him on this one.

2. bush would have been even netter because his threats mean something.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Obama should get and follow advice from experts who know what to do...but he won't because he'll listen to those around him that don't have any more of a clue than he does. Whatever action he takes, it will be with the assent of his liberal base. And that spells disaster.

He's spent the past 3 or 4 years telling the world that America is too big for it's britches. He won't suddenly start acting like we carry a big stick and are not afraid to use it.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I don't think bombing Pakistan fits in with that theory at all. Frankly he surprised me there.

Maybe the realities of national security are not lost on him.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I hope you're right. This is a tough one to deal with and I'd like to have some confidence in our leadership. Right now I don't, mainly because:

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree here. that has one area he has pleasantly surprised me in. he has gone against the liberal base of the democratic party on that one.