This sums it up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Nothing we can do now but hope for the best.

I'd feel better if we could keep our staff together, but I don't expect that even ONE member of Saban's staff will be with LSU next year.

I'm glad that you feel that Coach Miles is qualified to keep LSU at "the top of college football", whatever that means. I don't know what our ranking will be after the bowl game. I don't know what our Pre-season rank will be. I will declare now: If Coach Miles can maintain or improve our 2005 Pre-Season Ranking, then I will be the first to say that he did a GREAT job in 2005.

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Newsflash:
    You cannot recruit Top 10 classes to Stillwater. As of right now, the stadium and facilities are bush league.

The school has virtually no history of winning outside of Miles' tenure.

OSU plays second fiddle in a state that has athletic talent comaprable to Arkansas (who plays second fiddle to no one in their state and struggles to field top talent).

Thus, OSU must go into Texas and try to recruit against UT, TAMU, Texas Tech, OU, Arkansas, TCU, Houston, North Texas, K-State, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, etc etc etc.

And, guess what? LSU was contacted by Nick Saban because he was in a similar (yet still better) situation as Miles was at OSU. Saban knew LSU was an easy job to get and reach the top of college football. Miles will do a great job.

3. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Everyone

Everyone huh? Dont be so damn dramatic! Geez what a Wuss!
    Tell all 5 or 6 of them to F*** off! Who was Bobby Stoops when hired? Pete Carroll looked wasted when USC grabbed him. How about the coach at Ohio State, cant even remember his name. Most big name coaches dont start out big named. This guy is far above Dinardo or Hallmans league.

Geaux Tigers

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

You really having trouble with that? :rofl:

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I assume you mean.

I assume that you mean to say that in your opinion, Coach Miles will maintain LSU where we are right now, and that LSU will not experience ANY drop off in achievements under the Les Miles Era.

I wish that I could be as confident as you are.

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

The level of talent OSU gets and LSU gets isn't anywhere compatable. OSU is lucky to get 3rd tier players and LSU will get the cream. I'm not worried and believe this guy will win at LSU.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Here's what I think and I've said it before in other threads, so please forgive the redunancy. I think Miles is a decent coach with a huge amount of passion. I am concerned about his approach, his preparation, and they way his team's react in the face of adversity. They don't appear to be particularly tough mentally when falling behind. Saying that, I will admit that I have not seen them play that often. I just haven't been very impressed when I have, especially with his defenses.

8. 3GenTiger

3GenTiger Freshman

9. 3GenTiger

3GenTiger Freshman

TX Tech is 3-1 over Miles' at OSU.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

C'mon, TT. I am in the same boat as you, but it's easy to get OU and UT fans to zip it:

To UT fan: Congrats on your FIRST BCS bowl win. Come back when you have a couple along with some Big 12 titles.

To OU fan: You guys had a great year. Too bad you're not going for back to back MNCs.

In the short span since this weekend, those have worked well for me.
    :geaux: