This team does remind me of '03

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jack Russell, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Jack Russell

Jack Russell Veteran Member

I hope this is not over-reaction, but the Tigers are getting nasty. It reminds me of the '03 team who gained momentum after destroying South Carolina in a defensive masterpiece and ended up with a NC.

Eliminate three correctable errors, JJ's interception and return, a fumbled punt, and an 88 yd. kickoff return and it wouldn't have been close.

JL is the key on offense and proved he should be the starter. The guy has a Pro-quick release, smarts, and I think can be trusted to protect the ball. Not to mention a quality kid. JJ, I guess has a role near the goal line, but we didn't need him at the end. He would have never completed the fade.

If Miles can keep from stepping on his own dick I think we may have a chance. Still got Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas but from what I saw yesterday we are getting better and it's looking like '03 to me.

2. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

I am glad my 11 year old daughter didn't beat me to this site this morning.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, defensively, you are right, it does remind you of '03, but offensively, more like '07 with all of these end of the game, heart-stopping endings, and questionable coaching decisions when under 2 minutes. All in all though, it is shaping up to be a memorable year in it's own right - hopefully it ends with these two comparisons.:LSU231:

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

It would be easy to come to the site and say what a awesome win. People have layed seeds of hate and will reap what they have put in the ground. So now the
    "we are winning even with Les" will start. Les is the reason we are winning. Coaches get the blame for losing and in the rest of the world even get praise with the win!

Bama spent 100K to build a Saban worship shrine. Lsu fans would pay 25 cents to piss on the face of Les. Les has nothing but love BR and has 4 kids in the school system. He has the best record for % wins of all Lsu coaches. He has control of His team and it's his team. He has had mind frats ! yep to a level that doesn't seem to fit a staff with the resume of these guys that can't be explained. But he has taken 2 QB's this season that not many in the SEC would have wanted.

Those 2 QB's showed me in the Swamp of all places that they have broken through.

get ready

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

1st of all, I love the early 1960s series 1 E-types. My son is lucky enough to work in a shop that specializes in restoring them.

2nd of all, a belated welcome to the forum.

Lastly...you do realize that comparing a Miles-coached team to one that was coached by Saban will bring out the knee jerk reactions from the crowd that likes to perform another kind of jerking motion when they think about Alabama's head coach?

6. Jack Russell

Disagree, Cliff on the QB's. JL will be a quality SEC QB if he gets enough reps. He has the mental and physical skills. On the other hand JJ has not progressed, gets confused in critical situations and would not start for another top tier conference team.

On Miles. I'm sure he's a great guy because you said he is.

7. Jack Russell

Herb, the avatar is of a Series III ('71-'74). The Series I ('61-'67) were the cleanest, the III's with V-12's, the best ride. I saw my first XKE in 1964 and thought it the prettiest car I ever saw. Finally got to the point of being able to get one and I've owned my '74 for 15 years. Your son is very lucky indeed to have a job in a shop like that!

Thanks for the welcome!

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Well

I will pull out the online resume of this staff and wait for you background and hands on job evalution of the 2 QB's. It gets old to just read people that have no contact with the players to think they have a real understanding of what needs to be done.

So I will not agree with you and I am sure that is why we have forums. My view is what I saw yesterday worked well and I am sure that nice guy Les might know what he is doing. My view is based on winning close games and winning %. I think Les is right on par with the very best active coaches in the country as showed on SC .

Ths smug feeling in Baton Rouge that people at Wal-Mart have a true feel for what this staff should do with the team is laughable.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Here is a pic I took inside of his shop last week. An absolute cherry 1964 Series 1 convertible with a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow being worked on in the BG:

[​IMG]

10. Jack Russell

Cliff, I don't live in BR and so I don't know what the locals are saying. What I do know is that JL looks like the real deal to me. He was way in over his head in '08 and has been punished for it by Tiger fans and staff alike. Apparently he looked better than JJ in the spring but for some reason coaches Miles and Crowton still go with the other guy first. We'll see who starts the next game. I will bet it's Jarrett Lee.