This was embarassing.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DarkHornet, Nov 16, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I never thought I'd ever see the day that I would say I'm ashamed to be from Louisiana, but I feel that way today. I'm embarassed that the people of this state could allow race to override the good sense to make a change in this state.

Yesterday I saw a woman who would do ANYTHING to get elected pull the wool over the collective eyes of this state, and as soon as elected, contradict all the garbage she had been speaking for the past month. She says that she respects Bobby Jindal's campaign, despite the fact when asked this on Wednesday she could only say "I don't think I could find 3 things I like about your campaign Bobby!"

She talked about the importance of having a close connection with Washington just weeks after saying we need to tell Washington to stay out of the state's business.

She talked about the wonderful term of Mike Foster weeks after ridiculing him and his term in office.

She talked positively about Richard Ieyoub (spelling?) a month after slamming him in negative ads to get into the run-off.

What we saw was a skilled politician who used every trick in the book to get into office. Even airing private business on the air to gain the pity vote just days before the election.

I was a Democrat before this election, but after seeing how people are so stupid they blindly vote strictly Democrat no matter how qualified the Republican candidate is, or how unqualified the Democratic candidate is, I've decided I'm never voting party lines again.

Before last night I had hope that this state could change, but apparently we love living at the bottom. Maybe it makes the slightly above average feel better about themself. I'm now convinced I'll have to move out of state if I'm ever going to find a job worth anything.

Apparently if you put the same old polititian in a female's body, people think they are getting something new. This is a woman who has worked in this corrupt goverment for 20 years and will only continue old habits. She's a 'good old boy'. I'm hoping one day this state will be fit to raise children in, but until then, I will have to leave.

2. DarkHornet

What drives me crazy is I actually defended Louisiana whenever I hear talk like "Louisiana sucks, I can't wait to get out of here," or, "I could never stay here, I'd sooner kill myself." I really, truly believed there was hope for this state. Then, we finally get a candidate with a plan, with morals (which Blanco has NONE), and even someone who could raise this state's image with people on the outside.

I was really disappointed to be proven wrong. There are still way too many stupid people in this state. I thought people would be too smart to fall for the whole "Bobby wants to kill women" scare tactic. The whole focus was on an abortion issue that THE GOVERNOR DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SAY IN. It was all a smokescreen by Blanco to take the focus off the real issues, where she was obviously the lesser candidate.

The morons of this state will believe anything they are told. It proves that the mass majority has no mind of their own and they want to be told who to vote for instead of figuring it out for themselves. :dis:

3. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

This is the kind of crap that makes conservatives/Republicans look like assclowns. Just because people don't agree with you they must be ignorant.

How about giving her a chance. If things are that bad in 4 years throw her out. But this whining and partisan sniping and "i'm embarrassed, I'm going to leave the state" sounds like Alec Baldwin and the rest of the jackass Holywood liberals.

4. DarkHornet

Look, in case you didn't read my statement, I was a Democrat before this election. I used to even had a dislike for the Republican party.

But I saw someone who was good for Louisiana, and I crossed party lines to vote for him. I assumed many other Democrats would do the same. But no, people are still to stupid to do so.

Before you go calling me another crazy Republican, you need to get your facts straight. I am not a Republican, nor will I ever be. I am also no longer Democrat. After seeing how people can't put their party affiliations behind them for the greater good of the state, I've lost all faith in the party system.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

That's why I said conservatives/Republicnas. Covers both--and you aren't the only one complaining. The issue was the complaining, not you personally and not just your posts.

6. DarkHornet

Yes, but you said conservatives/Republicans, and I'm neither. So your attack was mis-targeted.