This was on CNN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pastimer, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I normally pay little attention to the news, but this one leaped out of the TV at me. Wednesday morning on CNN it was reported that The University of Mississippi is offering a new course this sememster: "How to be Gay." This is something I would have expected from Cornell or perhaps one of the California schools, but I guess you go where the experts are. Let's hope that class is filled with their football players.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Willie Gault went to Ole Miss?

Actually, that class started up during Tubby's tenure. Back then it was called "ear grabbing".

3. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

It all a simple mistake

Cutcliff asked for a class for his guys called "How to play"

He had the academic advisor out to show him what he was talking about. He had the advisor watch practice then interview the players in the locker room.

Based on his observations, they came up with the "How to be Gay".

After reading the class summary, Cutcliff said it was exactly what he was looking for in his players. Cutcliff even offered to lecture on "QB/Center relations - how to make the relationship work on all levels".

Cutcliff did emphasize that he wanted the university to develop an advanced class called "Advanced Gay: Butch" for his "linesmens" - "cause they gotsa be meaner- but still stylish".

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Since Eli is in his fifth year, I'm sure he's got to be one of the T.A.'s. Then again, given his "expert" knowledge of the subject matter, they probably made him Chair of the Department.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Now I understand, that explains why he's got the nickname Buttcliffe

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Don't they have a class for the fans too--how to pick out the right centerpiece, how to properly match the J. Crew top with the J. Crew khakis, how to chant Hotty Toddy with the proper inflection?