This was our best chance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 5, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah kiffin really lit us up. Yall all over react
    like a bunch of menopausal women.

Etling sucked bc he went against one of the best defensive lines ever. Fournette struggled again so he must suck too. Maybe just maybe Etling is pretty good and had an expected bad game. Either way this isn't where you make the assessment. The kid has had only a handful of starts.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, he was running for his life back there. He made some really good throws and some really bad ones. The INT, well, he was fucking obliterated on that play. The story isn't Danny, it's LSU's gutless offensive line who played this game on their backs looking up at the lights. Fournette worked harder to get 31 yards than he worked to get almost 300 2 weeks ago. They couldn't give him shit.

3. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

If I'm O, Grimes gets the Ax tonight. Dude has to go. Poor OL recruiter and weak technique coach.

Hey Jeff, take your Zone Blocking BS and depart BR. It aint working. Your players don't understand it and can't execute it consistently during a Big Boy game.

Let Mawae come in to finish out the season. Simplify things immediately with a much easier Man to Man, One on One blocking scheme for the remainder of the season. What do you have to lose?

After the season, a really experienced Miracle Worker needs to be hired by whoever the new HC is.. (A Pete Jenkins OL Guru type)

And whoever comes in to coach OL, needs to gtfo of Louisiana to recruit. Do like Bama does and go Nationwide for great OL's!

LSU OL in 2017 without Pocic is a scary thought! Nice recruiting there Jeff.......................

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah the greatest running back we have had in the history of this school was almost out gained in 3 games in this series by a freshman QB in his first. Thanks Grimes. Thanks O line, great job by you numbskulls.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Not that I disagree with your overall outlook too much (I'd put a lot of it on the players for not sacking up) but LSU doesn't run a zone blocking scheme, and even if it did, I don't see Grimes being the one in charge of that call.