This week i hate liveing in Louisiana... heres why...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BAMAFAN03, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Bama3....

You have to be a real dimwit. The best and most oved school in Shreveport, also the most historic school, Byrd High Shool is Purple and Gold. People, There are caravans of cars heading south on I-49 every Friday and Saturday LSU plays in Baton Rouge. I live in Shreveport now. Was raised elsewhere. But I have enough since to know LSU is King. You have to be from Evangel.

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

since I am from Monroe I will disagree with you

since I am from Monroe I disagree with you....LSU has 14 players from the Monroe Area...so my point being that just about everyone in the Monroe area is a Huge LSU fan....We can't cheer on ULM and if you cheer for Tech that is just wrong...this dude probably went to another P***y school in Evangel where LSU is hated anyways....cause of messing up the booty brothers..and the Nations number 3 quarterback is a resident of Monroe who will be playing for LSU...and if you like "albama" so much then go the hell back...we don't like whiners and p***ies here anyway so leave.....BAMAFAN03 all you have done since come here is Flame LSU...you are giving a black eye to all the decent bama fans who come here with something intellegent to say...

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I too, am from North Louisiana and it is definitely Baja Arkansas in terms of culture, but there are a lot of big LSU fans there. No doubt about it.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Hey buddy, you're in Shreveport retard. Thats like a totally differet state up there. Things are much different. Come to NO or BR and see how many LSU fans they have.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

When I settled into Lake Charles almost 30 years ago, they told me everyone north of I-10 was a Yankee. lol

I did find a huge cultural difference between North Louisiana and Acadiana.

I tell all my Bama buddies that the reason I'm still here is because I haven't made enough money to move back. To tell the truth, Acadiana is one of the most fun places I have ever lived. I love the culture, the festivals, the food and recreation. I just assumed that there were LSU fans all over the state. I have a daughter that graduated from LSU and a son that went to McNeese St.

6. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

I to diagree with

BAMAFAN03, you have alot of fans up here in Shreveport/Bossier City that are great tiger fans. Some of us are just as much so as our brothers in south LA. We live and die with each victory and defeat. Cut me with a knife and you may see red but I will see purple and gold.
    We live in Louisiana, most of us are LSU fans and the last time I traveled south on I-49 I don't remember crossing the state line south of Alexandria.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

This LSU student and hard-core Tiger fan is a North Louisiana country boy and proud of it! I'm from the big town of Hodge (pop. 900), which is smack dab in the middle of North Louisiana (70 miles east of Shreveport, 45 miles southwest of Monroe, 80 miles north of Alexandria for those of you who aren't Geography majors like myself) I never stop wearing my purple and gold no matter where I am or what time of year it is. Now I have a lot of neighbors and friends whose primary allegiance is to Louisiana Tech or ULM, but many still root for LSU and follow the team. So to say North Louisiana is devoid of Tiger fans is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. LSU is not exclusively the domain of Cajunland, it belongs to ALL of Louisiana (need I remind you that the school was first located in Pineville?)

You say Alabama doesn't have the same problem. I think you do and you just don't see it. Everybody's either UA or AU? What about the fans/alumni of Troy St., UAB, and the 1-AAs/HBCU's in Alabama? Ya'll just don't have as many as we do.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: Bama3....

I am a proud Byrd garduate. There is a Byrd/LSU connection. Many of the promenent families that sent their kids to Byrd also send them down to LSU. I know many of the doctors and lawyers in Shreveport got their schooling at LSU. All I got to say tonight is GO JACKETS BEAT JESUIT!!!!!!!!!

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Having been born and raised and currently living in Alabama. I think he is right. True, there are people that went to and graduated from those other schools. However, anyone born in this state will swear allegiance to either Alabama or Auburn. I myself grew up a huge Alabama fan. I ended up attending LSU, but still found myself pulling for Alabama in all but one game a year. Having said that, I have only ever lived in Baton Rouge other than Mobile, so I dont know what all of Louisiana is like.

10. BAMAFAN03

BAMAFAN03 Guest

o to evangel and i love to see evangel kill byrd much like Bama did tonight against one of the most pitiful temswe have played all year. both teams suck, i gues thereis a special bond...