This will get your blood boiling.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, May 28, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

wow! we're not better than Okla. St.?
    I love proving people wrong. I don't care where we start, as long as we end high!

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I'm a little surprised not to see LSU in the Top25. I have a good friend who is an Iowa graduate and an advent Iowa sport's fan. He was very surprised to see Iowa ranked. Iowa was decimated by the amount of seniors lost who were starters and some underclassman who opted to leave early. Who is Ivan Maisel anyway? I never heard of him anyway.

I would love to have a job as a sports reporter or some full-time job where you covered sports. I just have not been blessed with the literary skill.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Well in recent history is LSU starts off in the top 10 preseason we end up laying a stinker that smells worse than the Kirby Smith elevators. With this we will lay low and hopefully storm onto the scene. In recent years both Ohio State and Iowa sort of came out of no where. They were talked about or hyped up on a national level regularly until this past season.

5. lsubbfan020

lsubbfan020 Freshman

wht is up with tht we have the number one recruit class and we still do not get any respect auburn will get there butts kicked:cuss: :geaux: :lsug:

6. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

It'll All Change in a year

You just wait........... This is the last year that we aren't in the top 25 poll from espn. I predict that LSU will be ranked in the top 10 for the next few years..........

Geaux Tigers

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Easy now. This is just Ivan Maisel's opinion not a real poll. The official ESPN/USA Today preseason poll doesn't come out for another couple of months. Lindy's poll just came out and we are #11 there. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

8. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

You cant trust polls anyway. Especially when it has AU at #4. I think the hype sometimes hurts teams rather than help them.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't think AU @ #4 is a stretch. They've got a pretty good team. Barring injuries, they should be right there. I hate to admit it but, as Lily Tomlin's little girl character used to say: "And that's the truth".

10. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

an AU perspective

Pre season polls worry me as an Auburn fan too. I definitely think sometimes they hurt more than they help. Im hoping Auburn keeps it low key and doesnt let it go to their heads. But I mean come on, I think we have excellent potential for this year. It seems in the past few years people pick us to finish last or next to last in the SEC West every year, and for the last 3 years we've been atop the West (even if we were sharing it).

But I also love that it seems like no one in the SEC this year wants to give us any kind of credit for the kind of team that we could have if they all pull together. I do recall a couple teams that understimated us last season and boy did that make the victory even sweeter for me. :)

But I will continue to keep my realistic face on and take each week as it comes. Because this is the SEC and you really never know.

WAR EAGLE!!