This will get your blood boiling.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, May 28, 2003.

1. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

AU should have a good team this year, but as far as a "couple
    of teams understimated us last season" I think that was due to AU's performance when they underestimated a couple of teams last season.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Preseason polls

Preseason polls mean absolutely nothing.

They are wasted words.

:dis:

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I agree with you..Polls don't mean squat and when LSU is ranked in the top 10 and expectations running high it seems to Jinx us. I hate to admit that aubby has a good team, but good team or not they almost always bring their "A" game for us. They damn well better learn to throw the ball effective or they will know how we felt last year, I don't care how many top backs they have. When DiNardo had Rondell, Cecil and Kevin, ESPN said DiNardo's problem was going to be "not having enough footballs to go around". Aubby...good advice..keep those backs out of the girls dorms or you want have that backfield! I'm sorry. You have Tubby and he want care.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

preseason polls don't mean squat?

Really? Tell that to the 1993 Auburn Team, who regardless of going undefeated, still were only ranked 4th in the nation by the AP poll (who btw, ranks teams on probation). Why only #4? Because we started so far down the rankings that we could never jump the one loss likes of Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Florida State.

But these non AP and Coaches Poll polls are nothing but things to use to kill time.

By the way, you mention Auburn underestimating teams (key letter is 's' here) last year? Do you mean USC? Who needed a TD within 2 minutes by their Heisman QB to beat us (BTW, they finished top 5). Do you mean UGA? Who needed a 4th and 15 TD pass in the closing minute to save their SEC CC Season (ranked top 5). Maybe you mean Florida, who needed Duval to miss a 15 yard field goal as time ran out to go to OT and beat us (they played on New Years Day).

If you want to talk about Arkansas - well - we just friggin' sucked. But trying to prove that was anything but a farce is a joke. So are you saying we underestimated two Top 5 Teams and another New Years Day Bowl Team?

I'm just confused about all these teams we underestimated . . help me out.

By the way, . .ChuckE . . .your quote: "You have Tubby and he want care." What are you basing that on? The fact that no player since 1999 at Auburn has had ANY problems on campus or with the law. The fact that they only two issues have resulted in suspensions? Or just the fact that you don't like Tubby because since he has coached at Auburn he has beaten your prodigy head coach 2 out of 3 times . . ? I'm confused. If you are going to make statements like that, basically that Tubby supports the sexual harassment of females, you better have some friggin proof or support, or you just sound like a slanderous a$$.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I for one think Auburn will be the best team in the SEC at this point, at least based on paper. they have depth at most positions and returning starters coming out the ass. the only knock I give them and I'm sure most Aubbie's disagree is I'm not sold on Campbell being the consistent QB. Yes he played well at times last year..especially toward the end of the year. Was it a streak or the new JC. I'm not saying he isn't going to be good but I'm not convinced he will. If for some reason he doesn't do well then it could effect the year big time. I don't care if you have 4 Clydesdales in the backfield, without a QB to make the D think about something else things will get rough. that's from experience.

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Chuck..Your pathetic coach didn't out coach Saban especially last year. LSU had a very inexperienced QB that gave aubby the game and that QB turned out to be the worse in the SEC. Is there anything you are not confused about? You are correct, it's my opinion about tubby. I can't stand him and couldn't stand him when he was at ole pi$$. Saban lost more class in his sleep last night than tubby will ever have. All of your reasons for losing those games still adds up to losses. New Year-New season-New game and pay back can be hell!

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You could go 12-0 and win every game by a 60 point margin but if Notre Dame is undefeated, you're #2.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Saban Fan - I agree 100%, but Notre Dame wasn't undefeated, they lost to Boston College last year.

ChuckE - our pathethic coach is 2-1 against your god-coach. I have a feeling there are plenty of media members in Baton Rogue who wouldn't agree with your coach class comments. And coming from a person who likes to accuse coaches of condoning rape and sexual harassment based on zero proof, or even anything at all, I wouldn't expect overly intelligent comments.

Also . .exactly, no matter how you lost, they are still losses - whether you want to blame your coach on the player its still a loss. Not sure how Marcus Randle was responsible for 31 points vs. your defense. Especially when your defensive line was asking our OL to let up because "its over." That type of attitude sounds like a coaching issue.

BTW - was wasn't Mauck playing in the Auburn game, refresh my memory . . . .I believe that's a coaching issue also . .

I have always thought that Saban is a good coach and a good person, but if you are going to exploit the errors of a rival coach, especially when he has a winning record over yours, expect you coaches errors to be throw right back in your face.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Intersting:shock: Source?

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Personally I hate the poll system altogether but we won't get into the whole playoff vs bowl game debate. I would, however, like to see the poll ratings start at least after the 3rd game as opposed to the opinion fest before a game is even played. All the big dogs are gonna be ranked high, it's a given. UT, OU, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, OSU, etc....will always be top ten preseason, which I think is dumb. How can you determine how a team will be this year by comparing it to last year?

And as far as last year's game, we flat out lost. No excuses. I hope we return the favor this year. Out.