This will make you proud...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

1 person likes this.
  2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Last week RP had media outlets reporting that he was drunk in a restaurant, being disrespectful to another, cursing and using obscenities, just like President Bush had the Washington Post accuse him of in a 1999 front-page article. That same article in the Post (I gave the link in the recent RP discussion thread on here) also accused President Bush of all kinds of behavior throughout his life that showed poor character (similar to how the media could emphasis aspects of RP's life over the last few years that showed poor character on RP's part).

On the recent RP discussion thread on here, once it was decided that RP would go to the White House to be praised along with the rest of the LSU team, I wondered if Bush would share with RP his own media allegations of poor character throughout his life, including the allegation of being drunk and obscene in a restaurant in 1986. So it's interesting that Bush's speech said this:

"[Coach Miles] also had to deal with some delicate situations away from the field, like inaccurate press stories. (Laughter.) Coach, let me just say, I know the feeling. (Laughter.)"

I also liked how President Bush spent a large chunk of his speech praising the LSU football team for it's off-the-field character, giving examples such as Les Miles, Kathy Miles, Glenn Dorsey, and Ciron Black. He concluded his praise of the off-the-field character of the LSU team by saying "There's a lot of great stories about the character of the people behind me, but it's getting chilly, and I'm looking forward to getting my LSU jersey. (Laughter.)"

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I find it interesting that you can spend 500 words (OK, around 288, brevity for you) bashing the President (not even thinly veiled) in a thread supposedly geared towards being proud of our national championship football team.

Honestly, John. You're getting tedious.

GEAUX TIGERS!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

John, you took a post/thread about a feel good story and turned it into a rambling diatribe about rp and bush.

if you want to talk about politics, i strongly suggest you take those discussions to free speech alley.

your pissing in the cheerios posts are getting old.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I'm indifferent on Bush, but I'm in favor of making RP look good. To me, comparing RP to the President of the United States makes RP look better. To you, comparing the President of the United States to a thug like RP, makes Bush look worse. We are both viewing things from our own perceptions, biases, and opinions. I'm sorry we aren't exact duplicates of each other.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

now that is a great post. nice to see an attaboy on a national level. makes you proud to be a tiger.

1 person likes this.
  7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I was being honest when I said I liked how Bush devoted a large chuck of his speech to praising the off-the-field character of LSU's team. That was very nice of him to boost our reputation like that (praising the off-the-field character of Miles, his wife, Dorsey, Black), especially in light of recent media attention to the off-the-field character of our star QB.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i am not comparing bush to rp or even entering that discussion.

i am telling you that there is a section of the forum for discussing politics. other mods have made the same suggestion to you before in other threads.

if you wish to continue this discussion, please do so with me in private. i do not want to derail this thread from its original intent.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm glad for all of the team, coaches, staff... everyone who got the honor. It's not often that the most powerful leader in the free world (like him or not) pays tribute to your hometown football team for being the best in the land. That's a fairly big deal I'd say.

10. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i think bush was speaking more about the rumors of miles going to michigan rather than RP

1 person likes this.