This will surprize a few...ok most....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

But I wish Mr. Limbaugh the best in his battle with addiction. It is a terrible problem and leaves a long and painful trail....

I hope his recovery is complete....

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Oxy, oh man that's a bad one. I've heard some horror stories about that drug. Why in the world did the FDA approve it if it was so addictive?

I know Brett Favre, Packer's QB, had a problem with prescription painkillers a while back. He was smart enough to admit he had a problem and check himself into rehab. He recovered, and I hope Rush does too.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Actually, Rush was in serious danger of losing his hearing recently, and I believe he almost had to give up his radio show...

He had cochelear (sp?) implants or some other type of surgery, and he was cured. I'm sure-if ANY of this is true-that the procedure and the resulting pain might have resulted in him obtaining a perscription to pain relievers...

I'll say this, though...Whether genuine or not, Tuwho and Biggles are to be commended for wishing Limbaugh well...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would think that many pills of a powerful narcotic like oxycotin would kill anybody. I had a prescription for it once after some surgery and was taking 4 a day and I was totally wiped out on that amount.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

But with a source as credible as the National Enquirer, its gotta be true!

6. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

If you think about it I doubt seriously it was just the

McNabb remarks that got Rush to resign. ABC loved the publicity, after all that is why they hired him. And I'll bet $1000 they knew what he was going to say beforehand.
    This pill story is a double wammy. As I mentioned yesterday I don't agree with much Mr. Limbaugh says. If anything as a moderate he has made me think. But I do wish him the best in his fight against addiction. It is a lifelong battle and one (if true) he will have to admit to defeat.
    If not true then I hope he sues and ownes the National Inquirer.