Thomas / Davis Press Conference 3pm Today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Apr 17, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

Re: Tyrus declaring for the NBA Draft today?

uhhhh matt leinart did that last year lol, will it be on espn maybe espnnews,geaux zone?, if not, please someone post what happens

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Brady James did but he was not at LSU when he did it. I believe he did it from a bank in his hometown.

3. clair

clair Rockets

JJ Redick last year...

a lot of the conferences at the school are to confirm that players are staying...

a lot of the independent ones at other places are to announce players are going, because sometimes the school has sour grapes about the kid leaving

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Ok, we got it with the examples guys. People do sometimes hold press conferences to say that they are staying. Now, hopefully Tyrus is doing the same.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

ESPN.com just broke this 10 minutes ago...

Not a surprise.

6. Billy_C

Billy_C Freshman

Frankly I'm surprised he's being projected as a Top 5 pick as the rest of the ESPN article alludes to. If your a GM of a NBA lottery team (so by definition you have big holes to fill) I would think you would draft someone who could play right away. TT is at least a year away right?

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You must not follow the NBA Draft much. At least half of the lottery picks, if not more, are based on potential. Crazy? Tell that to KG, Kobe Dwight Howard, etc.

8. Billy_C

Billy_C Freshman

The fellows you mention had more than just pure athleticsm working for them hence my point. Typically the teams that are in the playoffs draft for potential and the lottery teams draft for an immediate need thus my assertion that TT would be a mid-round pick versus a Top 5. At this stage he is still a "project" player no?

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I look at that as more of a reason why I don't agree with his decision rather than that of whatever team drafts him. He'd be so much more 'league-ready' if he had a jumper. As of now, the only real offensive threat he poses is an alley-oop. I just think the competition in the league is too stiff to have to worry about developing (not improving) your offensive game so much.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

What would be a surprise is if ESPN actually got "inside information" correct this time... :dis: