Thomas / Davis Press Conference 3pm Today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Hey, at Syracuse's NC championship celebration/presentation a couple years back, the crowd was chanting 'One more year!' to Carmello Anthony. He then replied to them 'Why's everybody saying one more year? I thought you stayed in college for four years?' And we all know how that turned out.

This is what I hate about college basketball. You can't hold on to a star player for very long at all.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

He said that in a post-game press conference following the loss to UCLA...

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

its gonna be live on geauxzone...should be video

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think his point was that no promise was actually made. He made an implicit statement regarding himself and the team, but never 'promised' anyone anything.

5. nlmihal

nlmihal Freshman

First timer here so please don't slam me on this (I usually just read the forum during LSU college football) but I heard an interesting tidbit through the grapevine in Baton Rouge that Thomas actually planned to go to the NBA prior to the Final Four game and that as a result of that decision he did not play hard in the game against UCLA because he did not want to get hurt and upset his draft possibilities. Not sure if this has been posted on here or not. If it is, it is old news. If he stays, then I am way off.

I thought it was interesting but obviously I can't know the going's on behind Thomas's life but the source was at the game and closer to the scene (around family of players and such) than I was. They indicated in person at the game he seemed so out of it and not trying hard at all that there was something wrong. They are more in the know than I am but just putting it out there. Thought it sounded kind of interesting. I hope it wouldn't be true but he did play horrible and you never know what a kid will do once a scount gets a hold of him and he gets suddenly lifted up.

The counter to this, would be why in the world would he not play hard because this could elevate his stock tremendously.

6. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

wow i really hope that isnt true. if it is, then i hope he does leave and the story never goes public.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

thescore1210.com not working for me.

nm, there it went

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Press conference just starting now with Brady who says he feels like a proud dad.

9. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

ESPN reporting thomas will enter the draft AND sign an agent..from doug gottlieb

10. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

no word on davis...expected announcement coming soon obviously