Thomas on Around the Horn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Apr 17, 2006.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

COmparing Rudy Gay of UConn and Tyrus Thomas. Everyone picked Thomas as the better prospect, with Paige saying he will be the #1 pick. JA Adande said Gay was the better pick and called Tyrus Thomas another Sto Swift.. I big guy with no jump shot...

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya saw that, PTI was even worse saying that all that tyrus was was a jumper and if jumping was all that was necessary in theNBA itd be all high jumpers or something, BS. they didnt even mention his rebounding and shot blocking. sed his only attribute was alley ooping and dunking. what was up with jay mariotti calling him tyke thomas? they all recognized he had a million dunks and blocks tho.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's what I said in another thread, noted as offensive attributes, of course.

4. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Tyrus is gonna shine in the NBA.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I thought Stro was going to be great in the NBA. I even thought he would be a good addition for the Rockets.

Now I just hope that Tyrus isn't Stro.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

he HAS to develope a jump shot. As great an athlete as he is, he won't be that much more athletic than all the guys in the NBA. Without a shot (it doesn't have to be 20 foot range) he won't be any better than stro. His only other option would be to bulk up quite a bit more and have a career as a defensive stopper/rebounder a la Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Physically Tyrus and Stromile are very similar, but Thomas separates himself when the subject of Basketball IQ is brought up. I think he's a bit more emotionally involved in the game as well. Stromile just seems to be on cruise control the few times I have seen him play in the NBA.