Those of you traveling to the AU game-bring donations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BiloxiTiger, Sep 17, 2004.

1. BiloxiTiger

BiloxiTiger Freshman

Those of you going to the game should bring supplies to the area for donation, like water, batteries, canned goods, etc., as much as you can bring. I'm watching the Mobile news channel and the destruction on the Ala and Fla coasts is just devastating. And to think that we in Ms and La could be in the same predicament if that storm had not made that sudden turn to the east. My family vacations frequently in Gulf Shores and from the pictures I've seen, we will not be able to go there for quite some time. A friend of ours have/had a home just north of the beach in Orange Beach in a gated community. They have heard that not much is left down there that can be salvaged. The officials are not letting people go home until Saturday or later in that area.

Just an idea to help our neighbors. Geaux Tigers!!!

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Great idea. For only your second post, this one is very worth while. I give ya a rep point! :thumb:

3. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Great idea. Maybe some of the AU fans on this board could post some donation sites.

4. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

This is an awesome suggestion. Anyone who has been through one of these monsters can relate.

I'm spending some time helping some folks in Miss. with storm damage tomorrow morning and then we will reward ourselves with a few cold ones and the game. :grin:

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

If I knew where to drop stuff off in Mobile I would

6. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I will keep a lookout for info on donating stuff and get back to you guys. Classy move, folks. And be safe in your travels to and from the game.

7. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Very nice plans, guys. I know donations would be greatly appreciated by the folks who suffered from the storm's effects.

8. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

I've forwarded this thread to the folks at WJBO and www.lsusports.net to try to get more visibilty around this message. Great that with all the history everyone has things in perspective.

9. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

My aunt lost her entire house in Orange Beach. I'll be there next week helping her pick up what she can and trying to figure out what to do. I'll be bringing some stuff to cook and some water and other items that can be donated.

I wonder... If we donate stuff will the Auburn fans turn around and say that LSU fans caused IVAN to hit Alabama directly? :D

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Is there a red-cross address we could have to send stuff to them?