those who never went to lsu or lived in louisiana should be welcomed as fans.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 13, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

:lsup: people who have never gone to lsu or even lived in the state of louisiana should be welcomed as fans....it's good for the program and good for the state. look at notre dame, i guarantee you most of their fans didn't go to that school or even lived in the state of indiana but they have their own tv contract which generates tons of revenue. i hope that saban can put together a winning tradition that creates a lsu nation.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Who says they aren't?

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That would be totally Awesome
    Building the football program to have the following of Notre Dame

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

sometimes you see comments like well don't criticize since you don't live here.....don't chase 'em away, they help bring in revenue.....maybe send their kids the school (which i have seen), make donations......

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

If you ask me, having been all over this country and 7 foreign countries, we already do have a following like ND, or better.Everywhere I go, when people see my LSU shirts or golf clubs or bumper stickers, they are either an LSU fan or knows about the Tigers and likes them. Except for these ZeroU fans here, I hardly ever meet anyone who doesn't like them.

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

6. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Same here. I do not go out of the country that often, but I do travel the states quite a bit and I have never came across any negativity when wearing the purple and gold. Mostly everything I hear is "go tigers", or "they deserved it!" type of stuff. The only negativity I do hear is right here where I live from the local Bauburnweinies.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I didn't go to LSU. I was born in Louisiana, but I didn't go to school at LSU. I really haven't received that hard of a time. Every now and then, my friends give me gruff about it, but nothin serious....I usually support my alma matter with bumper stickers and stuff, but that doesn't stop me from wearing an LSU hat or something....

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Nobody EVER gives me any crap about me wearin' my LSU gear... :champs:

...but it does help to be 6'4" 260+lbs... :D

PAC 1 fans are weenies, for the most part... :cry:

I actually get more friendly gruff from fellow SEC fans out here than the locals...

...and I have brought back gear to some of my local buddies who are, of course, Tiger fans now... :eek:ldskule:

...and then there's my boss...

San Jose State man but only dons the Cardinal & white of Stanfoo... :angry:

I always jack with him about his "alma mater"... :dis:

It's always GREAT when they play each other & SJS wins.... :D

BTW I am a BR native & went to LSU but I don't care WHO they are they're more than welcome to join us as Tigers, as far as I'm concerned... :lsup:

9. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

lsu pride

:lsup: I'll never forget the time about 4 years ago when on vacation in Hawaii, my wife & I were having coffee and I naturally had on my LSU cap and shirt. Someone said "Go Tigers". He introduced himself as Eddie Kennison. Made me feel proud to be a Tiger. :lsug:

10. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

While in Cozumel last year on a dive trip, my wife and I were in a small bar in the back side of the island. I was wearing my trusty good-luck LSU hat when one of the locals pointed out a wall on one side of the room. It was covered in graffiti with a coupla LSU shirts and stickers on it. Upon closer examination I noticed that the graffiti was peoples names and places of origin and the occasional "GEAUX TIGAHS". It was awesome to be so far from home and see that. I've got a National Championship shirt ready for this year's trip! :champs: