those who never went to lsu or lived in louisiana should be welcomed as fans.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 13, 2004.

1. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I went to Centenary undergrad and Loyola MBA but married a Tiger. Since my schools are so small and don't have football, I proudly claim the Tigers

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I grew up in Louisiana but was not given the option to go to LSU by my dad, so I went to Baylor. I have cheered for LSU since I was in diapers, so there is no way I am going to let someone tell me who I can and can't cheer for. I know where my true colors and loyalties lie.

3. purpletiger16

purpletiger16 Founding Member

Leaving in a couple of weeks for Singapore, 6-8 week stay. Will be wearing the purple and gold over there. Hope to run into some more Tiger fans. :lsup: :champs:

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

My cousin from BR lives there - you might run into him!!!!

5. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

I've lived in Ohio my entire life, but I have been a LSU fan ever since the "Alexander the Great" days of football. :helmet: Then I became a HUGE LSU baseball fan. :tigbas: My Ohio State friends give me a little bit of a hard time, but they haven't said much this past year (National Championship tend to do that). Unfortunately, I have never been to Tiger Stadium, but some day I will take a vacation in the fall and make the trip to see a game.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

As far as I'm concerned the only requirement of a fan is that you stand by your team through good times and bad.

OhioTigerFan we've got to get you down here THIS FALL!! No more waiting. It's time you visited the holy shrine of the Tiger faithful.:geaux: :champs: :champs: :champs:

7. bayareatiger

Amen, Brett...

One of my favorite Tiger fan stories was when we went to Columbus in the late '80s and OSU scored two late TDs to beat us...

...a good friend was living in Akron & went to the game...

...he told me there were local TV crews in the parking lot AFTER the game as the Tiger faithful had started up the post-game event in their RV's...

...and a few of the Buckeye fans joined in the fun...

...the local fans were SHOCKED that the Tigers were having fun after the game...

...they'd never seen ANYTHING quite like that...

...and probably won't again until we return to exact our revenge :D

You're right, that Ohio kid will NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT HIM if he makes a pilgrimage to TS...

THE FINEST PLACE TO WATCH A SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD

:lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup:

8. bayareatiger

You have more friends than you'll ever know. You just need to go to BR to meet all of them:D

They'll all take GOOD care of you!!!!! :geaux:

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

My situation was similar to yours. I wasn't really given the opportunity to go to LSU by my parents. I am from Shreveport and my mom went to LSU, but I really didn't have LSU as an option. I went to SMU, got my degree in Real Estate Finance and glad I did. I love LSU dearly and cheer them on 100%, but SMU was a better fit for what I wanted to do...

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I consider it an honor when someone with no academic connection to LSU selects the Tigers as his or her team of choice.