Thoughts? -Article by CNNSI re. vincent/broussard...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b L e S e U r, Sep 27, 2004.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

That is the one thing that has amazed me this year about Broussard. The way he explodes off of the snap and hits the hole is incredible. He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on the goal line TD in the south endzone.

2. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Hence, my wishbone theory in another thread. We've got the hosses without question. And Skylar or Doucet at qb. OH MY!!!! How do the cornerbacks let someone like Carter or Bowe go out while trying to defend the run?

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

It is almost funny how fast AB is in the secondary at times. He was 5 yards in the endzone before anybody touched him then he drove THEM in a pile another 3-4 yards. :rofl:

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Losing the weight definitely helped him, he seems much quicker to the hole and has better moves. Also never under estimate what having one season under your belt can do for a player. We need both Alley and JV it just sems Alley if off to a quicker start this season.

5. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

People are asking what's wrong with JV as if he's dropped off dramatically. He hasn't. The reason Alley Broussard looks so much better this year is that he has shed his baby fat, and he is in great shape. I think he is noticably quicker and faster. We shouldn't be looking for what's wrong with JV. Instead we should be giving Alley Broussard (and Addai) credit for their noticable improvement.

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Not only that. The most popular 2 word phrase when talking about JV is "Last year"

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

AB definitely shed some fat, but JV is no doubt not playing up to EXPECTATIONS yet...He isn't having a terrible year...but he def isn't playing up to "preseason heisman hype" form right now...

8. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

not as much zone blocking this year...meaning the o-line blocks whoever comes in their zone and the RB picks where to run. JV excells at picking where to run. Alley excells in pounding it through a designed hole. If we go back to a lot of zone blocking JV will pick up his game.

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i thought this was interesting from the article as well:

You call this fun?
    It's come to this for USC. Apparently bored by beating people 45-17 every week, the Trojans' defense took the first half off Saturday against Stanford, allowing 291 yards -- including an 82-yard J.R. Lemon touchdown on the last play before intermission -- and falling behind 28-17. How did they respond? By going out in the second half and holding the Cardinal to zero points and 36 yards. Afterward, star quarterback Matt Leinart told the Orange County Register, "I was walking around with a smile on my face [at halftime]. It was fun. We haven't had too many close games."

Memo to the Trojans: The whole "lack-of-urgency-because-we-know-how-good-we-are" act might work in basketball, where all that matters is the postseason, but in football, one game taken too lightly may ruin your whole season. So far at least, this USC team seems very similar to Miami's 2002 defending champion squad, which was every bit as talented as its predecessor but seemed to sleepwalk through most games (remember Rutgers?), and eventually, it caught up to them.

ya think Saban would let Randall or Russell get away w/ this lame ass quote?

"I was walking around with a smile on my face [at halftime]. It was fun. We haven't had too many close games."