Thoughts from the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Oct 25, 2009.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wow, JayB. You've really gotten a bit jadded over the past year....

Not slamming you by any means, just sayin'....

And I'll agree with your 10-2. During the summer, I actually thought 9-3. I thought our loses would be to Florida and 'Bama and thought we'd split between Ole Miss and Arkansas.

Ole Miss looks beatable. Arkansas, for some reason scares me more.

3. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

The starters didn't come back in until they were on the 1 foot line. We aren't going to be able to stop that every time, especially when the line of scrimmage is almost touching the goal line. They scored, it happens. I didn't see that as changing anything about how the defense played.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

what do you mean by jaded? this was a good game, but there is still room for tons of improvement. i think you have to balance this game out with the florida game. how do you know that we were actually that much better than we were two weeks ago, it could be that auburn is that bad. it's hard to tell. i gave coaching an A. you're telling me that our players can't improve? dropped passes can be corrected. until i see those corrections, i'm not going to claim that this is the best LSU team ever.

fair enough, i didn't see it. and i didn't see a replay yet. it doesn't change the fact that the defense played a damn good game, but our defense is the strongpoint of our team, is it not? being that our defense is going to have to help out the offense to run the table, there is room for improvement. it is a bunch of nit-picking. it was a very good game. almost a complete game.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What?:huh: Holding any team to less than 200 yards total offense is damn good.
    LSU is in the top 10 in scoring defense. AU finally scored a TD at the very end against mostly reserves. B-, really?:huh::huh::huh::nope::nope::nope:

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

200 yards is good. but most of those yards were given up in the second half. i was honestly disappointed by that touchdown at the end. it seems like our conditioning isn't as good as it used to be, for whatever reason. B minus? yep, because this defense can improve. maybe my grading system is a bit subjective. my idea of an A+ game is that game we had against VT in 2007. but chill-out guys. overall i was very pleased by this team's performance. :)

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You said you weren't even there to see the last TD nor how many clean white jersey's were in the game on the D. How can you be disappointed when you didn't see it to see how or why it happened? The starters held an SEC team to 3 points and the reserves gave up a TD at the very end. That's nothing to be disappointed about.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

well 60 of those yards came on the very last drive against our 2nd team defense

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i know i wasn't there to see it, which is why i said that i wasn't there in my post. i heard a lot of auburn fans complaining that the starters on defense were still in when they scored their touchdown. guess i shouldn't take a barner's word for anything. i retract my criticism of the last touchdown.

as bad as their offense looked, our practice team should have been able to stop them. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I didnt like the last TD but so what. The D dominated the game. A lot of the yards was in garbage time with the second and third and probably some fourth stringers in and out gettting time. So thats a bit skewed. OVerall this was by far the best game LSU has played thus far. I was very pleased with the players and coaches. It gave me a lot of faith that improvements are coming.