Thoughts from the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Oct 25, 2009.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Defense gets an "A" for last night's effort.

- We sacked the QB 4 times
    - Auburn punted how many times?
    - They had 3 points until the very end of the game
    - Defense forced 2 or Auburn's 3 turnovers
    - And we held them to their lowest yardage total of the season

Our Defense is pretty awesome. Yes, we may not have a great DLine, but the Linebackers and DB's are really fast, quick to the ball and they've tackled well in the last 4-5 games.

Our defense is the strongest unit on the team, and I enjoy watching them play.

I'd give the offense a B+. We had opportunities to score at least 13 more points, but I'm not gready. I'll take a 21 point win over Auburn all day long.

We had a few dropped passes.

We still don't have a respectable running game.

Overall, I'd give LSU an A- for last night's effort.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:
    :crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well i certainly don't disagree with what you are saying, but as gaudy as the defensive stats were, they can still be improved upon. taking the last drive out of the discussion, i think the defense gets a solid B plus. perhaps it was an A game, but how good is auburn, really? other than all the subjective chit, i think this was one helluva game. probably one of the best games i've ever seen in TS. for some reason the crowd didn't really seem into the game. the student section was rocking though.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's the right grade.
    AU led the SEC in fewest sacks given up going into the game.
    That tells you a lot right there also.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

JayB,
    Your posts have taken real negative swing.
    The Tigers played a good game against a SEC Western Division Team.
    We won and won big. Lots of players saw the field. Shep got his first Tiger TD. JJ got lots of great reps and passed down field with some confidence and passed and ran for TDs.
    We all got to see a fan do his happy dance on national TV without having to listen to Gary Danielson. We even had Lee remind us all why he is not the starting QB on his first game play this year. But on game day highlight we got to see Saint Tebow give up a 100 yard pick six to State - how good was that! Not to mention Bama getting by without a TD their entire game.

Our only loss so far is by 10 points to the no. 1 team in the country.
    Sure the Tigers could improve on many things, every D1 team could.
    Life really is good.

Geaux Tigers.
    Geaux JayB.

:eek:ldskule:

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, I'm surprised at how jaded JayB has become regarding LSU football, especially since he is such a huge source of inspiration because of what he's gone through so far in his young life and because he is such a huge LSU baseball fan. But a lot of people in Tiger Nation are getting jaded about LSU football... that's what happens when you are a huge college football fan, and your team wins 2 National Titles in the last several years... it gets addictive... that National Championship ring becomes that "precious" that you get addicted to just like Gollum in Lord of the Rings... and any second that we aren't playing like a National Championship team, it's hard not to crack... for all of us that are huge college football fans that cheer for LSU.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

jeez guys, really, what did i say that was negative!?!? :huh:

you say something bad about the team, you get blasted, you say something good about the team you get blasted... you guys really are a tough crowd to please... jesus. look, i could not care less if LSU ever wins another championship. i just want to see them play well and compete. i saw that last night. i said NOTHING negative about the performance, just that LSU still has room to improve, and people seem to think that i'm jaded. i may seriously leave this place for good. you just can't discuss a frickin' thing without people getting their panties in a wad. wtf? :cuss:

7. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

I stopped reading here. Can't take anything you say seriously anymore...

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well then that's you MF'n problem because i explained why later in the thread.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Because probably every single person who click on this thread read:

And stopped. Like I did.

Expecting any defense to hold ANY Div 1-A offense to under 100 yards of offense is purely ignorant.

Auburn had 13 possessions. That is an average of 15 yards per possession.

If Auburn's offense is that absolutely terrible, then Bama's must be even worse. Auburn put up over 500 yards of offense on Tennessee in Knoxville. Bama couldn't muster up a single TD against them and only got 256 yards at home.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well then i'm the ignoramus, fine. but LSU could have held them to fewer yards.

but, adios mother fuggers... i'm out of this place for good, and i'm not coming back this time. not posting anything else. that's it. phuck tiger forums.