Thoughts on Brady's Raise.........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, May 14, 2004.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I'm not that concerned about Brady's raise. My question is WHO IN THE HELL GAVE BRADY A FIVE YEAR ROLLOVER CONTRAcT???

I remember when Nick got his five year rollover contract people were pissed. But, Nick was VERY MUCH in demand. He could ask for such a contract. And, the GOOD coaches in every sport can demand the rollover contract.

But BRADY???

No one else has EVER wanted Brady. What genius gave Brady a five year rollover contract.

What this means is that WHENEVER the A.D. decides to get rid of Brady, they'll owe him FIVE FREAKIN' YEARS of pay. That will NEVER go away. So, with a $750,000/year salary, LSU will owe Brady $3.75 million dollars whenever they fire him.

That's RIDICULOUS. I was thinking they gave Brady an extra year so that his contract would run out and we could hire a decent coach (i.e., someone who wasn't a roommate of Joe Dean, Jr. in college) without having to owe Brady a dime. Now, I realize, it doesn't matter. We'll owe Brady $3.75 million whenever we get rid of him.

Here's the article --

Brady's Contract

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cmon man... I said it long ago that they only pay him the base contract which is about 250K (I didnt read your link so maybe Im wrong) per the remaining number of yrs. about a mill right now i think if he was ousted.

3. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

That's STILL a joke.

Someone with Brady's "credentials" SHOULD NOT have a rollover contract. Those rollover contracts should be reserved for coaches who are in HIGH DEMAND - like Saban.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

saban wasnt in high demand when we got him yet forked over the cash. His credentials were as a Pro DB coach but not very high as a HC.

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Do we have that much extra money? Even with all the stadium improvements?

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Why can't we save some money by making Pokey coach the men and womens basketball program.

We can use the savings to give CNS more money.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's a joke right? LSU has money to burn! And in some people's opinions, they are adding gasoline to the fire.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When LSU hired Brady, NO Coach would touch LSU with a 10 foot pole. It's like 9/11. You tend to forget.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Or Sue could coach them from home over the phone while she recovers. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

There were better candidates out there that wanted the job. This defense of Brady does not hold water anymore. So we should treat John Brady like a Supreme Court Justice. The LSU job is his for life because we owe Big John our lives because he is the only one that wanted the job.

If you remember, LSU did not go through an extensive search to replace Dale Brown. It's like they threw out a line and reeled it in a little 3" perch. They threw it in the ice chest and picked up their fishing rod and tackle box and went home satisfied with their catch.